We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, and Evolve live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE Live Event
Santiago, Chile at Movistar Arena
Report by Dot Net reader Javier Diaz Fischer
The attendance was between 10,000-12,000. It was not sold out, but it was pretty close. More people are expected for tomorrow’s show considering it was the first one announced and they added this one after the positive response by the fans. I’m not surprised about that considering WWE was last here in 2011. Hardcore crowd, but a lot of kids and women in the audience, which made for a very interesting night considering both “groups”. A lot of people were disappointed at the beginning by the fact that the announced main event of Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins was moved for tomorrow’s show apparently.
1. The New Day defeated Cesaro & Sheamus and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson in a Triple Threat to retain the Raw Tag Titles. New Day and Cesaro were over like crazy, especially the latter. The Club had no credibility whatsoever with the crowd. I an’t say I’m surprised considering what they’ve done with them over the last months.
2. Braun Strowman beat Sin Cara. This match lasted, maybe, a minute. Strowman won with a powerbomb. Sad considering a lot of people wanted to see Sin Cara.
3. Neville and Darren Young defeated Titus O’Neil and Bo Dallas.
4. Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte to retain the Raw Women’s Championship. Very good match, nothing like what they did last Monday, but a very good performance by both wrestlers, especially if you knew what to expect and did not have high hopes of them performing a “WrestleMania Match” in Santiago, Chile. Unfortunately, a lot of people did. Both of them were over like crazy as babyfaces at the beginning, but Charlotte managed to get heel heat regardless. Sasha won with the Bank Statement, clean in the middle.
5. Seth Rollins and Sami Zayn defeated Kevin Owens and Luke Harper. The Wyatt Family member made his return to the ring tonight as I mentioned on Twitter. Pretty nice surprise, the hardcores loved it. All four members were pretty over with Rollins, Owens, and Zayn being really, really over. Rollins worked total babyface and the crowd loved him. They were into everything he did.
6. Bayley and Alicia Fox defeated Dana Brooke and Nia Jax. People absolutely hated Dana Brooke, and Bayley was not over here in Chile as I expected, even with the hardcore fans. Considering NXT has little to no exposure here, that shouldn’t be a surprise.
7. Enzo Amore, Big Cass, R-Truth, and Goldust defeated The Shining Stars, Curtis Axel, and Jinder Mahal. Colin Cassady and Enzo Amore’s entrance was the only thing that generated a reaction in the people in this one. A lot of people didn’t even recognize The Shining Stars at first. Goldust received a lot of respect from the crowd considering all of his years as a performer. A couple of Cody Rhodes chants here.
8. Roman Reigns defeated Rusev (w/Lana) to retain the WWE United States Championship. I expected much more boos for Reigns. I’d say he had a mixed reaction at the beginning, but ended receiving pops and cheers throughout his match. He was very over here in Chile and the kids and women loved him. Not a long match, it was short and sweet. As a valet, Lana is amazing and had every guy mesmerized.
Seth Rollins, Sasha Banks, Roman Reigns were the stars of the show and received the biggest pops of the night. Even though guys like Cesaro or The New Day were very over, those three and Charlotte had an aura of being real huge stars. Kevin Owens was over as hell with the hardcore fans but the rest of the audience did not react to him as they do in the United States. Considering the language barrier here, I’d say it was hard for him to get heat. I’m intrigued about tomorrow’s match if he ends defending the belt against Rollins.
Pretty good show. The people arrived happy, waited for the show with a smile in their faces, enjoyed the matches and left with a positive attitude after it. The biggest babyfaces all won decisively. They did a really good job tonight. The production has seen quite the improvement for this house shows since the last time they were here, I can tell you that. I was expecting less in that respect.