WWE Live Event
London, England at O2 Arena
Report by Dot Net reader Chris Mangalaparathy and Dale
WWE used the standard house show set. There was an opening video from Charlotte, who said she would defend the title against Sasha Banks. The Raw opening montage played.
1. Kofi Kingston and Big E defeated Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. New Day hit their finisher on Anderson for the win.
2. Neville defeated Bo Dallas (w/Heath Slater). Neville hit the 450 Splash for the win.
Sasha Banks delivered a promo on the big screen saying she would win the women’s championship.
3. Braun Strowman beat Goldust. Strowman won with a bearhug sleeper. Goldust appeared to pass out rather than tap out (or at least from Chris’s angle).
The Saracens rugby team was presented with a special title belt for winning some rugby competitions.
4. Big Show defeated The Shining Stars in a handicap match. The Stars did the usual heel schtick of mocking the yellow and crooked teeth of Londoners, which drew a lot of heat. Big Show won by double chokeslam and double pin. Does that count as one or two wins on his record? A comedy match that the ten year-olds were loving.
5. Cesaro defeated Sheamus in the fourth match of their best of seven series. A long match with Cesaro taking a beating, yet he somehow won on a rollup pin. There was a bit of a botch going into the pin. A camera was filming the match, so highlights will be available at some point. The series is now 3-1 in favor of Shemaus.
6. Charlotte defeated Sasha Banks to retain the WWE Women’s Championship. There was a close moment with Sasha locking in the Bank Statement locked in, but Charlotte came back and won with a rollup.
7. Roman Reigns defeated Chris Jericho. There was a huge pop for Jericho. Roman entered to boos from most of the crowd. There were cheers for Reigns from girls and under ten. Jericho worked his ass off on the mic trying to get some heat, including every cheap shot in the anti English handbook, but he still had more cheers. There were some close near fall, but Reigns won with a spear. The young girls went wild while everyone else sat in silence or booed.
8. Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins and Sami Zayn in a Triple Threat to retain the WWE Universal Championship. All three men received good reactions with Rollins entering first, then Zayn, and finally Owens. Zayn hit a Helluva Kick on Rollins followed by Owens performing a Popup Powerbomb on Zayn. Owens pinned Zayn for the win.
As Owens is celebrating, Zayn gave him a Helluva Kick and threw him into Rollins for a Pedigree. Rollins’ music hit, then Rollins and Zayn shook hands and Zayn’s music played to send the crowd home happy.