We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Evolve, and GFW live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to email@example.com
WWE Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Ben Shearin
1. AJ Styles beat Tyler Breeze. Unfortunately, Tyler was out first to very little reaction. I popped huge however. I love me some Prince Pretty. But who can blame the fans? AJ got a huge chant to start. Quick action to start. Tyler Breeze tapped to the calf crusher.
2. Baron Corbin over Zack Ryder. Corbin dominated to start. Power moves all around on Ryder. Late hope spot for Ryder, but got finished off with the end of days.
3. Sin Cara beat Stardust. Huge pop for Sin Cara! Lucha chants all over the Yum Center! Stardust was out next to a nice pop. Crowd started a Cody chant, which Stardust took offense to. Took the house mic and said “it’s not Cody, it’s Stardust”! Classic heel stalling by Stardust. He spent a lot of time mouthing off to the crowd. High slaying action from both guys, Sin Cara wins with the Senton Bomb.
4. R-Truth beat Curtis Axel. For some reason, Louisville loved Truth. Axel and Adam Rose came out to an ovation from me but not too many other people. This match was awful…at the end Adam Rose interfered as was thrown out, Goldust came out and threw Adam Rose into the ring and hit Axel for the backslide win for Truth. Goldust took a mic and tried to beg him to be his partner. Truth said maybe. This was atrocious.
5. Kalisto beat Alberto Del Rio to retain the U.S. Title. Del Rio out first to a tame reaction. Kalisto out next to a massive pop, you would’ve thought that they were tired of the lucha chant after the Sin Cara match but you’re wrong. They still love it here. Dueling one-upmanship for fan reaction. Del Rio attacked Kalisto during his. And threw him to the outside. Del Rio dominated the early portion of the match. Del Rio tried to unmask him on the top rope, but was pulled off by an official. Quick, fast paced match. Late in the match del Rio pulled off a turnbuckle pad and was immediately thrown into hit and then Kalisto hit the Salita del Sol for the win that sent the crowd into another Lucha frenzy.
6. Summer Rae and Sasha Banks beat Naomi and Tamina. Team BAD was out to no reaction first. Summer Rae out next and no one cared. Sasha Banks was out next and the place loved her. Team Bad isolated Summer for most of the match. Summer made the hot tag to Sasha, who cleaned house and made Naomi tap with the Bank Statement!
7. Sheamus defeated Mark Henry. Sheamus came out to some heat. Mark Henry got zero reaction. Might be time for him to ride off into the sunset. A “you look stupid” chant started. Sheamus grabbed a mic and said he speaks English, not whatever we are speaking he didn’t go to school in Kentucky. He talked about respecting Henry, and how he knew Louisville was a special place to Henry due to his time here, and didn’t wanna embarrass Henry in front us. He called us a bunch of toothless morons. He told Henry to be smart and just walk away. Henry took the mic and said the wonderful people in Louisville paid to see Sheamus get his arse kicked and that’s what they’re gonna get. Sheamus attacked Henry. Total domination by Sheamus, who won with a Brogue Kick.
8. Dean Ambrose beat Kevin Owens by DQ in an the Intercontinental Title match. Owens came out to decent heat. The place went nuts for Ambrose! KO went to take a powder once the bell rang, but Ambrose took a leap over the ropes and tool him out. Owens recovered and started taking it to Ambrose in the ring. Quick action all over the place they never let up. Good back and forth near falls late. The crowd was on the edge of their seat for everything these guys did. Ambrose got knocked on the rope and KO didn’t break a five count, so Ambrose won by DQ. Owens got on the mic and talked trash to us. He said he was the best WWE superstar of all time. Ambrose got up and hit Dirty Deeds to send the crowd home happy.
Overall, it wasn’t the best show I’ve been to. It started off hot and finished hot. The middle was all what you’d expect.
2. Sasha Banks
2. Baron Corbin