By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, AEW, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, MLW, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ring of Honor “The Experience”
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at Stage AE
Streamed live on HonorClub
Ian Riccaboni and Caprice Coleman were on commentary…
The show opened with the lights out and then Maria Manik attacking security guards once the light turned on. Ring announcer Nick Lendl approached Manik for a quick word, but she attacked him and put him in the Torture Rack (he brought that on himself). Manik dumped Lendl on the mat and then picked up the mic. “I’m Maria Manik, I’m with Ring of Honor, and this is my house now,” Manik said…
1. Dragon Lee beat Jeff Cobb. Cobb beat El Isom, PJ Black, and Kenny King in a fan vote to determine Lee’s opponent. Cobb went for his Tour of the Islands finisher, but Lee countered into a crucifix rollup and scored the pin.
2. Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe defeated “Master & Machine” Marcus Kross and Griff Garrison to retain the ROH Tag Titles. Jay performed a Jay Driller on Garrison, then Mark performed Froggy Bow and scored the pin.
3. PJ Black beat Ultimo Guerrero, Kenny King, and Eli Isom in a four-way. Black performed a moonsault into a double stop on Isom and pinned him to win the match.
4. Rush and Shane Taylor defeated Dalton Castle and Matt Taven. A fan vote determined the pairings. Rush ran Taven into the barricade at ringside. In the ring, Taylor headbutted Castle and hit Welcome To The Land and pinned him.
5. Jonathan Gresham defeated Mark Haskins to win a best of three falls match. The other options were pure rules or European rules. The referee awarded each man a fall when there was a double pin. Gresham applied a figure four. Haskins reached the ropes, but Gresham rolled to ringside and kept the hold applied at ringside. Gresham released it, slammed Haskins’ leg into the barricade, and returned to the ring. Haskins was unable to return to the ring and was counted out.
6. Flip Gordon over Tracy Williams in a Last Man Standing match. The stipulation was determined via fan vote and last man standing beat out strap match and Singapore cane match. Late in the match, Williams threw a chair at Gordon, who was on the ropes. Williams went up for a move, but (Tyler) Bateman came out an hit Williams and then powerbombed him through a table. The referee counted Williams down.
Matt Taven found TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia laid out backstage. Taven came to the ring and called out their attacker(s). The lights went out. When they turned on, Marseglia was standing behind Taven. Marseglia attacked Taven with his axe handle. Taven bladed and then Marseglia ran his axe blade over Taven’s head so it looked like it caused the blood. Marseglia sat down and wiped Taven’s blood on his hand and then wiped some onto his own forehead. Taven got to his knees, but Marseglia hit him with the axe handle again.
7. Marty Scurll, PCO, and Dan Maff defeated Jeff Cobb, Colt Cabana, and Cheeseburger to retain the ROH Six-Man Tag Titles. The challengers were selected by fan vote. The story was that Maff was appointed as the third member of the team by the ROH board of directors to replace the injured Brody King. PCO went up top, but Maff tagged himself in. PCO hit the moonsault on Cheeseburger and then Maff entered the ring and hit the Burning Hammer and pinned Cheeseburger to win the match. Maff and PCO showed tension to set up their match on Sunday night. Security ran out to keep PCO and Maff apart.
ROH Unauthorized takes place tonight in Columbus and is available via HonorClub.