By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, AEW, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, MLW, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to email@example.com
WWE Live Event
Cape Girardeau, Missouri at Show Me Center
Report by Dot Net reader Jeff Wyatt
I took my 10 yr old daughter to her second ever WWE Live Event. Our seats were 3rd Row on the floor on what would’ve been camera side. Before going over the results, the doors were supposed to open at 5:30 but ended up opening about 15 minutes or so late due to a fan having a medical emergency outside the doors. A fire truck arrived and an ambulance not but minutes afterward. It was thought to be diabetes related but I was told by an arena employee later that it was tragic and much worse. My prayers continue for the man and his family.
Attendance was roughly 3/4 full of lower level which was only part open.
1. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Ali to retain the Intercontinental Title. Nakamura got a good mixed reaction. At first, I thought Ali got the first face out pop, but he actually got several sustained Ali chants throughout the match. Great back and forth match. Both guys worked hard.
Bayley was announced and she came out to her music to a big pop. Charlotte Flair attacked her from behind and “injured” her. Bayley was helped back up the ramp and then Alexa Bliss attacked her from behind as well. The ring announcer promised to keep us posted on her condition.
2. Apollo Crews pinned Buddy Murphy. There were mild crowd reactions for both men.
3. “The IIconics” Peyton Royce and Billie Kay defeated “The Kabuki Warriors” Kairi Sane and Asuka to retain the WWE Women’s Tag Titles. Royce pinned Sane with help from Billie Kay. There was a decent crowd reaction for the criminally misused Asuka and Sane. The IIconics got decent heat with their mic work and their constant yelling at the ref was funny, but they do little for the tag titles.
4. Aleister Black pinned Andrade (w/Zelina Vega). Black won with the Black Mass. There was a great pop for Black and mega heat for Andrade and Vega. A “chicken “ chant really “bothered “ Andrade. Vega adds so much to his act. They should be at the top of the card soon. Black got a superstar reaction. He is going to be huge. Another great match.
5. Smackdown Women’s Champion Bayley defeated Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss (w/Nikki Cross) in a Triple Threat. Bayley hit Bliss with the Bayley to Belly and pinned her. Cross played a face role while cheering on Bliss. Bayley showed great fire in the match. Bliss is such a great heel. Charlotte is a superstar. She just has a presence about her. All of them got great reactions. There was some booing for the heels but mainly cheers all around. Each of them worked hard and put on a great match.
6. New Day” Big E and Xavier Woods defeated “Heavy Machinery” Otis and Tucker and “B-Team” Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas, and “AOP” Rezar and Akam in a Fatal 4-way to retain the Smackdown tag Titles. New Day won the four-way by pinning Bo Dallas. The match was mostly comedy. New Day got a tremendous pop. Big E and Woods were lots of fun. People seemed glad to see AOP. Good reactions for Heavy Machinery, especially Otis. Fun match. During the tag match, R-Truth and Carmella came running to the ring trailed by Buddy Murphy, who failed to pin Truth. Truth danced and kicked out of a roll-up by Drake Maverick, who was superkicked by Carmella.
Sami Zayn came to the ring and ripped the crowd a new one. He told one kid “to shut up or he would come slap his face.” He said the only thing that Cape Girardeau was good for was to take a dump in. It was the dump stop between St.Louis and Memphis. Kevin Owens came out to a huge pop and gave him a stunner.
7. Kofi Kingston defeated Samoa Joe and Dolph Ziggler in a Triple Threat to retain the WWE Championship. A somewhat disappointing main event for me but still good. Joe got a lot of chants. Ziggler got a decent response. Kofi got a good pop and is a fun champion.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features guest Eli Drake talking about signing with the NWA, his departure from Impact Wrestling, rejecting an intergender match with Tessa Blanchard, his WWE developmental run, and much more...