By Jason Powell, Prowrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, MLW, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to email@example.com
WWE Live Event
Daytona Beach, Florida at the Ocean Center
Report by Dot Net reader Miller
1. No Way Jose, Titus O’Neil, and Apollo Crews defeated Curt Hawkins and The Ascension.
Drew McIntyre cut a promo on the big screen about Roman Reigns.
Elias was then in the ring playing a song and trashing on the city and crowd until Bobby Lashley interrupted. They bickered until Elias offered for them to sing a duet of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” together. The crowd booed as Elias sang first. They cheered when Lashley started singing the chorus, and Elias cut him off with a cheap shot. After a few shots by Elias, Lashley put him down with…nope, not a spear, but that tiresome delayed vertical suplex. He took off his shirt and played to the crowd as his music closed out the segment.
2. Bayley and Sasha Banks defeated Liv Morgan and Aicia Fox. After plenty of back and forth action with the usual shenanigans, Sasha won with the Bank Statement on Liv Morgan.
A promotional video for the Summerslam meet and greet was shown.
3. Bray Wyatt defeated Kevin Owens. The crowd chanted Delete during Wyatt’s entrance. Owens was out next and stopped and yelled into the cell phone camera of a fan as he recorded him during his entrance, funny. Owens started the match by rolling to the outside and delaying things a bit. He grabbed a mic and told the ref not to tell him what to do. Wyatt and Owens then took turn doing corner pose-offs to crowd reactions, and Kevin was acting dejected to being booed. He finally had enough and attempted a cheap shot, which Wyatt blocked. Owens retreated again as Wyatt did the crab walk in the ring. Wyatt then offered the test of strength and Owens obliged only to cheap shot again. Bray put him down and Owens rolled again to the outside as the crowd chanted “He’s got the whole world in his hands” and “K.O. Sucks!” Owens eventually tried to leave up the aisle and Wyatt caught him and delivered him into the ring steps. Owens controlled much of the match with holds and heel tactics. Wyatt scored a near fall with a uranage and a senton. Owens then hit Wyatt with a Stone Cold Stunner!!! but only for a near two count. Owens attempted a Swanton Bomb from the top rope but Bray put his knees up and delivered Sister Abigail for the victory.
The ring announcer then advertised some signed photos in the ring during the intermission.
4. The Authors of Pain beat Zack Ryder and Chad Gable. Gable is sporting more of a beard now. AOP won with the eventual Last Chapter finisher.
5. Alexa Bliss defeated Natalya and Ember Moon in a Triple Threat to retain the Raw Women’s Championship. Out first was Natalya, then Ember Moon and finally women’s champ Alexa Bliss. A good competitive match with Bliss keeping Moon isolated outside the ring while controlling Natalya inside the ring. Ember finally came back and cleaned house, and Natalya locked in the Sharpshooter on Bliss until Moon broke it up. Ember hit the Eclipse on Natalya, but Bliss tossed her into the ring post and stole the pin to retain the Raw Women’s Championship.
Another video aired of WWE pretty much patting themselves on the back for everything over the years.
Jinder Mahal was out first and cut a promo in the ring with Sunil Singh. Mahal tried to get everyone in re crowd to meditate with him but we all just shit all over him verbally instead. Drew McIntyre was out next (no Dolph Ziggler tonight yet, thank god). The crowd chanted 3MB. Nice. Out next was Constable Corbin to complete the first team. Out next was the team of Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns (who was heavily booed).
6. Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Finn Balor defeated Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin, and Jinder Mahal (w/Sunil Singh) in a six-man tag match. All six men brawled to start the match as the babyfaces (and Roman) cleared the heels from the ring. There was a “Let’s Go Rollins/Roman Sucks” chant, awesome. Mahal and Rollins started the match before Corbin quickly tagged in and then back out as Rollins mocked him as a chicken. Of course Baron finally tags in once Mahal has Balor isolated in the corner, before Rollins checked back into the match. McIntyre was literally staring at Reigns from across the ring the whole time and eventually gave him the sign that he’s watching him. Mahal and McIntyre then took turns controlling Rollins and preventing him from making a tag as Corbin joined in on the fun too. Balor ended up in the match next as Mahal and Corbin hit him with a wishbone split. Reigns eventually tagged in and took everyone out before hitting Mahal with the spear and pinning him to win the match for his team and send the crowd home happy.
Overall, a decently enjoyable show. Nobody should expect to see the Universal Champion here but the absence of the Raw Tag Team titles as well as the Intercontinental Title made the show seem a bit empty ended. Still, a good show.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.