By Jason Powell, Prowrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE Live Event
Champaign, Illinois at State Farm Center
Report by Dot Net reader Scott Dawkins
The show opened with ring JoJo, who announced two title matches would take place.
1. “The Deleters of Worlds” Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy defended beat The Revival to retain the Raw Tag Titles. A solid opening match a lot of quick pace action. Wyatt and Hardy retained via pinfall.
2. Zack Ryder beat Mojo Rawley by apparent DQ. It didn’t last long before Curt Hawkins and Mike Kanellis interfered to help Mojo. Goldust and Chad Gable made the save to set up a six-man tag title match.
3. Zack Ryder, Goldust, and Chad Gable defeated Mojo Rawley, Curt Hawkins, and Mike Kanellils. The crowd was very behind Goldust. Ryder hit the Rough Ryder for the win.
4. The Authors of Pain defeated Heath Slater and Rhyno. Lots of chants for Slater and Rhyno. The match lasted longer than expected. AOP hit the finisher for the win about five minutes in.
The lights went out and JoJo welcomed Elias, who was really over. The cheering had him pause numerous times. He sang a song and then was interrupted by Seth Rollins, who got the loudest pop of the night, even greater than the main event.
5. Seth Rollins defeated Elias to retain the Intercontinental Championship. A long match. Many near falls. It actually looked like Elias had this one. Seth regained momentum and won with “The Stomp”.
Intermission. Real short. The show was running pretty long.
6. Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre defeated “Breezango” Tyler Breeze and Fandango. Breezango had the crowd behind him. Ziggler got a nice pop even though being a heel. McIntyre didn’t look interested in the match. He had little involvement. Dolph tried a spot off the top rope and Tyler Breeze kept rolling away about a half dozen times. McIntyre and Ziggler won with the Claymore to ZigZag.
7. Bobby Roode defeated Baron Corbin. Roode was over. Corbin didn’t really get much of a reaction. A well worked match. Roode hit the Glorious DDT for the win.
8. Finn Balor, Bobby Lashley, Roman Reigns defeated Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Jinder Mahal. Sami got a lot of heat when he ripped a kids sign. Loudest Boos of the night go to Jinder Mahal. Finn Balor and Roman were over getting near Seth Rollins reactions. There were a lot of issues outside the ring. Roman chased away Samir Singh with a chair. Roman was not involved in the match until the very end. It was chaos at the end as Sami hit a Helluva kick on Owens. Bobby Lashley hit Sami with a 10 second suplex. There was a Coup de Grace from Balor to Owens. Reigns performed a Superman punch and a spear on Mahal for the pin. Romans music hit and the show was over.
Notes: There were no women’s matches. The talent was protected heavily, but that’s to be expected with Money in the bank the next night. The event ran about 2.5 hours. A solid card. Lots of tag bouts.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.