We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE Live Event
Mobile, Alabama at Mobile Civic Center
Report by Dot Net reader Kavontae Smalls
Byron Saxton handled ring announcer duties. The arena was about half full. I’ve been to a few annual January house shows in Mobile in recent years and this was by far the largest crowd.
1. The Usos defeated Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin, Aiden English & Rusev, and Big E and Xavier Woods in a four-way to retain the Smackdown Tag Titles. The crowd was into Big E’s antics and into Usos, given they live in nearby Pensacola. Finish: the Usos got the hot tag and double superkicked all participants and hit the frog splash for win.
2. Mojo Rawley beat Sin Cara. The crowd was pretty flat for the entrances, but Mojo garnered a little heat as he grounded Sin Cara. Finish: Mojo gave Sin Cara a forearm to the face to win. Post match, Mojo attacked Sin Cara and Zack Ryder made the save.
A Fashion Files vignette aired on the Titantron.
3. Bludgeon Brothers beat Fandango and Tyler Breeze. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan won quickly after Breezango were hit with a few quick power moves. The crowd mildly into the match. The Bludgeon Brother gimmick still has some work to do to connect with the crowd.
4. Naomi and Becky Lynch defeated Liv Morgan and Ruby Riot. Solid crisp match and good effort from all the women. Naomi was worked over until she made the hot tag to Becky. Finish: Becky won with the Disarmer.
Baron Corbin delivered a promo on the screen on Bobby Roode. His promo garnered good heat.
5. Shinsuke Nakamura beat Jinder Mahal (w/Singh Brothers). The Singh Brothers introduced Mahal prior to the match. Mahal cut an in-ring heel promo which garnered good heat and Nakamura’s music interrupted. At the midpoint in the match, Nakamura and Mahal taunted each other garnering positive/negative heat. Jinder dominated much of the match until Nakamura hit a series of strikes for his comeback. Finish: Nakamura knocked off the Singh Bros after attempts at interference. Nakamura hit Jinder with the Kinshasa for the win.
Saxton plugged the merchandise stand prior to the intermission.
6. Charlotte defeated Carmella, Natalya, and Lana (w/Tamina) in a four-way to retain the Smackdown Women’s Championship. The match wasn’t as crisp as the first women’s bout but good effort. Finish: Charlotte hit the Figure 8 for the submission on Natalya.
7. Bobby Roode pinned Baron Corbin. Slower paced match with Corbin controlling most of the offense. Finish: Roode hit the Glorious DDT for the win.
8. WWE Champion AJ Styles defeated Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens. AJ was pretty over with the crowd. Kevin and Sami generated decent heat. The match seemed reserved by the standards of these three.Finish: Sami accidentally hit Kevin with his Hulluva kick, leading to the Phenomenal Forearm for the win.
I was surrounded by very casual fans and first timers and they were largely buying into most of the talent and stories being told in the matches.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.