We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, Impact Wrestling, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
NXT Live Event
Vancouver, British Columbia at the PNE Agrodome
Report by Dot Net reader Zenny Jack
I took my girlfriend, four year-old son, and brother along with me to the first NXT event in Vancouver We were all excited!! The arena was about 70% full..
1. No Way Jose defeated Kona Reeves in 7:00. No Way Jose got the show off to a great start. e went around the arena, not just the floor but the lower bowl and interacted with the fans in the lower part of the bowl. The match started off with good comedy. Kona told the ref to take off his jacket as Kona turned around, getting ready for the ref to take off his jacket, and Jose came in and took it off. Kona not knowing, gave Jose enough time to put Kona’s jacket on. Kona turned around to see that Jose had his jacket on, then told him to take off his jacket. Jose took it off, dropped it, teased to step on it. Jose then told Kona to pick it up, as Kona went down to pick it up, he tried to kick him but Jose saw it coming, caught his foot, then dropped Kona’s foot on the jacket. No Way Jose won with his finishing move.
2. Ember Moon and Ruby Riot beat Billie Kay and Peyton Royce in 10:00. Basic tag match. Ember hit Billie with the Eclipse to end the match.
3. The Authors of Pain beat Heavy Machinery in 13:00 to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship. The crowd cheered and gave Akam a welcome home as he’s from Abbotsford. A good tag team match. It drew the first “NXT” chants of the night. Rezar pinned Tucker Knight after they hit their finisher.
4. Aleister Black defeated Velveteen Dream in 15:00. Wow! What a match. I don’t even know where the Agrodome is because they tore the house down by live event standards)! I mean if they let them loose on TV like they did here, you’d know what I’m talking about. The match drew “NXT” and “This is Awesome” chants. Black won after hitting the Black Mass.
5. Lars Sullivan beat Demitrius Bronson in 5:00. Bronson actually looked like Kofi Kingston. A basic squash match.
6. Asuka beat Nikki Cross in 12:00 to retain the NXT Women’s Championship. The crowd loved Asuka. But which crowd doesn’t, right? Asuka won after hitting her kick.
7. Drew McIntyre and Roderick Strong defeated Bobby Roode and Andrade “Cien” Almas in 18:00. Two fans were ejected from the arena on the opposite side of the arena from me. At the end of Roderick’s entrance, those fans drew “you f—ed up” chants. The crowd absolutely LOVED Roode! I mean he tried to turn us against him by dissing us. When he called us “dirty, filthy” the crowd just erupted. McIntyre pinned Almas after the Claymore kick. After the match Roode and Almas had an altercation. Roode tried shaking Almas’s hand, but in Almas fashion, Almas just blew his snot at him. After that, Roode hit his Glorious DDT to send the crowd home happy.
We went to see if anyone would interact after the show. We got to take pictures with Heavy Machinery and No Way Jose. Awesome show!