By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, MLW, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to email@example.com
WWE Live Event
Dekalb, Illinois at NIU Convocation Center
Report by Dot Net reader DJ Gunderson
It is a small venue and roughly half full at best prior to the show with 3,000 people at most.
1. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev (w/Lana) defeated New Day and The Usos. New Day and Usos had a little fun during entrances. Big E did some pelvic thrusting for a good three minutes. The match went 11 minutes with all teams getting some offense, including some comedy at the beginning. The end came when Mandy Rose came out while one of the Usos was up top. Lana pushed him off into a super kick from Rusev for the win.
Mandy Rose came to the ring to trash Naomi. Naomi ran to the ring and started fighting Rose. Sonya Deville hit the ring and the heels for the upper hand. Carmella came out for the save.
2. Carmella and Naomi beat Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. A short match that went five minutes. Rose dodged Naomi and it caused Deville to run into the Rearview.
3. Shelton Benjamin defeated Tye Dillinger. The match went six minutes with Benjamin stalling for three of them. Shelton won and as he went to celebrate Samoa Joe came out and hit him with the Coquina Clutch. Joe called out Mustafa Ali for and ass kicking.
4. Mustafa Ali over Samoa Joe. Loudest crowd reaction so far by far for Mustafa. A seven minute match. Joe dominated most of it. Joe went for the Muscle Buster, but Mustafa slid down and rolled him up for the three count.
5. Asuka fought Charlotte Flair to an apparent no-contest in a Smackdown Women’s Championship match. The match of the night so far. It ended when “The Man” Becky Lynch came through the crowd and took out both wrestlers with a crutch. No winner was announced but the bell rang after Flair was hit first.
6. R-Truth defeated Andrade to retain the U.S. Title. Truth won in nine minutes. Your typical heel/face match. There was a dance party halfway through and about 18,000 What’s Ups. Truth had a dance party after the match with some kids.
MizTv featuring Jeff Hardy. The Bar interrupted. They wanted their tag titles back, which led a tag match.
7. The Miz and Jeff Hardy defeated Sheamus and Cesaro. A six minute match with The Miz and Hardy going over. Nothing special about the match.
8. AJ Styles defeated Randy Orton. Styles won in 19 minutes. A very slow going match, which AJ won with the Phenomenal Forearm.
NEW: Help support ProWrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at ProWrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features referee Rob Page discussing the difficulty of reffing tag matches in the modern era, making three counts if a wrestler's shoulders are down even if it wasn't the planned finish, the growth of F1rst Wrestling, and more...