We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, GFW, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Robert Blunt
1. Jason Jordan won Battle Royal to earn an Intercontinental Title shot later in the show. Heath Slater, Rhyno, Goldust, Titus O’Neill, R-Truth, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Elias Samson, Apollo Crews, Dean Ambrose were the entrants. Entrances went longer than the match with all 11 competitors getting full entrances before the battle royal went just eight minutes. (C)
2. Neville beat Akira Tozawa and Enzo Amore in a Triple Threat to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Just six minutes. Tozawa was helped to the back and didn’t look to be in good shape. (C-)
3. The Hardy Boyz defeated Sheamus and Cesaro. Approximately 11 minutes. It was awesome to see Hardyz live. (B+)
4. Finn Balor defeated Bray Wyatt. Approximately 15-20 minutes. A strong house show match but not anything we haven’t seen a bunch of times on TV lately. (A-)
5. Alexa Bliss beat Nia Jax, Mickie James, Sasha Banks, and Emma in a five-way to retain the Raw Women’s Championship. A seven minute match. The women did well with time they were given, but they should have had more. (C)
6. Jason Jordan defeated The Miz by DQ in an Intercontinental Title match. The DQ occurred following Miztourage interference. There were lengthy delays by Miz to draw heat pre match. Following Miztourage being ejected from ringside, they came back to force DQ. R-Truth and Dean Ambrose made the save and then Kurt Angle made it a six-man tag match.
7. Dean Ambrose, Jason Jordan, and R-Truth beat The Miz, Bo Dallas, and Curtis Axel. The faces predictably won. It was 26 minutes from the opening bell of Jordan vs. Miz to the pinfall in the six-man tag. (C-)
8. Roman Reigns defeated Braun Strowman in street fight. Approximately 15 minutes. This lacked energy both in ring and in the crowd. (D)
This is the third time I’ve been to a WWE event and the third year in a row. This was the worst of the three shows. It was awesome to see Hardyz live and their match along with Balor vs. Wyatt were great. The rest of show was poor. It lacked atmosphere and due to so limited tv time for a lot of the card, the crowd just didn’t care for the mid to low carders. Lack of match time on the night (three matches under eight minutes) hurt my enjoyment of the show. I read results from last night in Christchurch, and we had the exact same show tonight. That’s where NXT excels in their house shows/tours, mixing up the card on a regular basis (eg. England tour leading up to Takeover London and Australia tour last year).
The Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features Ring of Honor's PJ Black discussing the ROH Pure Title tournament beginning on ROH Wrestling TV this weekend, ROH's COVID-19 safety precautions, his run in WWE as Justin Gabriel with The Nexus, wrestling as The Bunny, and more...