WWE Live Event
Toronto, Ontario at Ricoh Coliseum
Report by Dot Net reader Craig
1. Neville beat The Miz.The Miz was pandering to the crowd and insulting the bell ringer as he didn’t ring it in time, and also saying he that he lazy like ‘Torontoians. A god match with high flying moves. Neville won with the Red Arrow. Such a sweet move to see in person.
2. Big Show over Mark Henry. Big Show was in and out of the ring and burning time. He did it so much that fans really started getting upset and booing. Eventually, he got in the ring and the match started. This was a slow boring contest where “Boring” chants rang out quite loud. Big Show won with the knockout punch.
3. Hype Bros and Titus O’Neill defeated The Ascension and Stardust. Nice to see some NXT talent on a house show. Ryder has really fallen out of the rotation over the years so hopefully this gimmick with Mojo gets over. Hype Bros and Titus took the victory.
4. Dean Ambrose beat Kevin Owens to retain the Intercontinental Title. Owens’ entrance was interesting as the announcer said he was from Quebec City. Owens took offense. He took the mic and told the announcer to repeat after him. He said he was a “perfect 260 lbs” and that Marieville was better than Toronto. This was a fantastic match. Both wrestlers put on a show. Owens has an awesome moveset and I can see him getting over as a face moving forward. However, Ambrose took the win with Dirty Deeds.
5. Charlotte defeated Becky Lynch to retain the Divas Title. This match came after the intermission and not too many fans were in their seats at the start. Charlotte came out in a Christmas outfit and issued an open challenge to any Diva. Becky came out grabbed the mic and said she wanted the belt. A decent Divas match with some false finishes. Charlotte retained.
6. The Usos and Goldust defeated Braun Strowman, Luke Harper, and Erik Rowan. The Wyatt entrance with cellphone lights as fireflies is a sight to see. Watching on TV doesn’t do it justice. So cool. Goldust was clearly the veteran in the match, but he still moves great. You wouldn’t know it. Usos and Goldust won with a top rope splash.
7. John Cena defeated U.S. Champion Alberto Del Rio by DQ. Del Rio came out with a new set of black tights. There appear to be some silver diamonds as the design with ‘Alberto’ on the ass. Del Rio has looked in shape since he returned with very well defined muscularity. Cena had the biggest pop for sure. He’s very over in Toronto. Before the match, Del Rio wanted to be introduced first as he was champion. Excellent back and forth wrestling. Del Rio had Cena in the Cross Arm Breaker for a while and teased a tapout. Cena went for the AA many times without success. Once the momentum turned in his favour, Del Rio hit Cena with a low blow for a DQ. He tried to escape, but Cena grabbed him and hit his finisher to send the crowd home happy. The belt was still in the ring and Cena held it up to the pleasure of fans.
At the end of the show, they announced a WWE Network special that will go down in Toronto on March 12, 2016. They offered advanced ticket sales to fans in attendance.
Overall, the show was pretty good. It wasn’t the same excitement with surprises as last one in September. Half the roster was elsewhere since there was another show in Baltimore. The advertised superstars were not there and the card was very different.
We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Evolve, and GFW live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org