By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, AEW, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, MLW, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact Wrestling TV Taping
Queens, New York at Melrose Ballroom
Report by Dot Net reader Eddy G
1. Buster Jackson and Pat Macintosh beat General Justice and Nikos Rikos. Jackson gets the win for his team with an elevated Cradle Shock to the general,
2. Trey (Miguel) beat “The Messiah of Old School” Shawn Donovan. Trey wins with a double knee press off the rope and onto a seated Donovan.
3. Josh Alexander beat The Windy City Kid. Alexander won a very good match with a modified Implant Buster. The Kid was very impressive.
Rob Van Dam and Katie Forbes came out. Katie introduced Rob and they made out for awhile. Rob thanked Katie and said she’s awesome. Rob said he doesn’t know what he’s done to deserve all of this attention, but he’s happy for it. He said Katie’s so hot and they made out some more. Rob thanked the others wrestlers mockingly for taking all of his moves. He said his upcoming match at Hard To Kill will be a thrill for Brian Cage, since he’s the biggest RVD fan out there. Cage heard enough and attacked RVD. Katie low-blowed Cage as he had Van Dam up in a fireman’s carry. Katie got a chair, held in front of Cage’s face, and then RVD went up to the top for a VanTerminator, but he jumped down and waved off the crowd, who booed loudly. RVD performed a running drop kick to Brian with the chair still in front of him. RVD and Katie made out some more before leaving.
1. Willie Mack and Rich Swann beat “The Rascalz” Trey & Dez vs Dave Crist & Jake Crist, and “Reno Scum” Luster the Legend and Adam Thornstowe. Wille appeared to hurt himself after a dive by Jake over the top onto the other wrestlers. Mack was helped to the back by other the referees. Despite the odds, Swann came back to pin Thornstowe with a second rope 450 splash.
2. Joey Ryan beat Acey Romero. Johnny Swinger joined the announce team for the match. Acey went for an inverted atomic drop early but hurt his knee. They collided heads and Acey landed on Joey’s crotch and acted like he hurt his head in the process. Joey got his lollipop out of his trunks, tried to stick it in Acey’s mouth, but he moved and Joey put it into Kid Ref’s mouth! Swinger came in after this distraction and hit Ryan. Swinger put Acey’s hand onto his lower region’s and tryied to do Joey’s flip, but it didn’t work and Acey punched him. Joey recovered and got his lollipop, stuck it into his mouth, put Acey’s hand down by his groin, and flipped him. Ryan followed up with a superkick and got the win. Wild match.
Sami Callihan came out and called Tessa Blanchard a phony just like all of us here and everyone watching on television. Sami confirmed that Tessa and he will fight for the Impact World Title at the January 12 Hard To Kill pay-per-view. Sami said people boo him and cheer Tessa when they have more in common because she was given opportunities due to her father. Sami said he’s done everything by himself and didn’t need his daddy’s help to ask for a tryout. Tessa heard enough and came down, but Madman Fulton attacked her from behind. Ken Shamrock, whose ribs were taped, came out to help, but he was eventually beat down by Fulton.
3. Mahabali Shera, Rohit Raju, and Raj Singh (w/Gama Singh) beat TJ Perkins, Fallah Bahh, and Daga. Gama came out out and did his usual American insults before introducing the Desi Hit Squad. Bahh performed an impressive suicide dive on all the Desis during the match. It came down to Raj tripping up TJP, then Shera hit a big Sky High for the victory.
4. Jessicka Havok (w/Father James Mitchell) beat Rosemary. Mitchell tried to distract Rosemary as Havok tried to punch her, but Rosemary moved and he got socked in the face. Susie made her way down and eventually came to join Josh Mathews and Don Callis on commentary. Don was scared of her and asked her not touch him. Mitchell was furious and pulled Susie away form the desk and wanted Don to never take advantage of her again. Back in the ring, Jessicka won with a Tombstone Piledriver.
5. Ace Austin beat Petey Williams. Petey tried for a Canadian Destroyer from the second rope, but Ace blocked it and eventually hits The Fold to win. Ace got a microphone and dedicated the win to “the sexiest woman alive, Mrs. Miguel” (Trey’s wife).
6. OBD, Tanille Dashwood, and Jordynne Grace defeated Kiera Hogan, Madison Rayne, and Taya Valkyrie (w/John E Bravo). Kiera was upset with Rayne already. There’s a bit of confusion near the end of the match as Grace hit a Vader Bomb on Taya, and went for the cover, but ODB was the legal person for her team. Jordynne argued with the referee, but ODB grabbed her by the hair and tossed her outside and then got the pin. Grace and ODB argue afterward and then Jordynne walked angrily to the back.
7. “All Ego” Ethan Page (w/Josh Alexander) defeated Rich Swann (w/Willie Mack) by DQ. Mack walked with a limp to sell his left knee injury. Alexander interfered by grabbing Rich’s leg. The referee caught him, but didn’t throw him out. One person in the crowd yelled, “You suck, Ethan.” He responded with “I’m winning, moron!” to a lot of laughter from the crowd. Page got two very close near falls with a Gotch Neautralizer and a Swanton Bomb. Page sucker-punched Willie outside. Mack had enough and entered the ring and attacked Ethan, which led to a disqualification.
8. Micheal Elgin defeated Eddie Edwards. Elgin was out for a match, but before his opponent was introduced, Edwards ran down and they brawled outside the ring until security separated them. Eddie said they don’t have to wait until Sunday (the Hard To Kill pay-per-view) and demanded to fight right now. Great effort from both men, but Elgin eventually wins with a sit-out powerbomb.
9. Brian Cage and Rhino defeated Moose and Rob Van Dam (w/Katie Forbes). Forbes danced to RVD’s music. RVD and Cage started the match, but RVD immediately tagged out and told Moose, “Get him, partner.” RVD and Katie made out several times during the match for some reason. Late in the match, Moose attempted a Five Star Frog Splash to Rhino and missed. Cage, who was the legal man, nailed Moose with a discus clothesline for the victory, which ended the show.
The Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features Kenny Herzog discussing his journalism career, his new Outside Interference podcast, doing a feature story on CM Punk, pro wrestling in the pandemic, WWE talk on Retribution, The Hurt Business, Roman Reigns as a heel, and much more...