By Jason Powell, Prowrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to email@example.com
NXT Live Event
Louisville, Kentucky at Broadbent Arena
Report by Dot Net reader Ben Shearin
Wow! What an awesome show this was. It goes without saying that anytime NXT is in your area, you have to see them. It’s never a bad show. Plus this was my first time front row.
1. War Raiders defeated The Mighty. Even match throughout. Heelish tactics from The Mighty during the match, but ultimately the War Raiders went over.
2. EC3 defeated Fabian Aichner. I was jawing with Fabian as he entered and he threw his tooth pick at me and told me to shut up. So there’s that. EC3 played the face in this match and played it well. Dude is money. He hit his TKO finisher and won in a solid match.
3. Candice LaRae and Kairi Sane defeated Vanessa Borne and Aalyiah. As Vanessa was entering, she walked in front of me and said that she was what a real woman looked like, I ehh’d her and she said, “Ehh back at ya! Look at you.” Kinda hurt my feelings. Candice took a beating most of the match before the hot tag got Kairi in and she cleaned house and hit her elbow drop for the win.
4. Adam Cole defeated Raul Mendoza. Cole got the pop of a lifetime, as I’m sure he does all over the place. He told us he didn’t need our cheers, which brought more cheers. A fantastic match between these guys. There were some believable near falls for Mendoza, but Cole got him with a superkick as Mendoza jumped off the top rope and finished it off with a knee to the back of the head.
5. NXT Tag Champions “The Undisputed Era” Kyle O’Reilly and Roderick Strong defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. Evenly matched through out and also had some believable near falls for Danny and Oney, but they ultimately fell to the Era. Huge pop for Strong and O’Reilly.
Before intermission they cut to a backstage promo from the Velveteen Dream. He said “Whether you’re a University of Louisville or University of Kentucky fan, it didn’t really matter. They both suck. After the intermission it’ll be dream over for another of your little Indy darlings.”
6. The Velveteen Dream defeated Kassius Ohno. When the bell rang, the crowd started counting due to The Dream saying he could knock Ohno out in 30 seconds before their Takeover match. A lot of call backs to that match. Very hard hitting and Ohno lit Dream up with elbows and kicks. But Ohno eventually succumbed to the Purple Rainmaker.
After the match, he began to rundown Ricochet, who is from Paducah Kentucky. After he told everyone that there would only be one star following Takeover, Ricochet came out to a solid ovation and a “welcome home” chant. He began to goad Dream into trying to flip over the top rope. As Dream was about to give it a shot, Ricochet ran into the ring and stopped Dream in his tracks who slid out of the ring and left.
7. NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler defeated Nikki Cross. Not a lot to write home about here. Shayna made Nikki pass out from a sleeper.
8. NXT Champion Aleister Black defeated Lars Sullivan by DQ. Another hard hitting match that was ultimately dominated by Lars, who is absolutely huge in person. TV doesn’t do him justice. A few hope spots for Black and good near falls for Sullivan. At one point, Lars went to the top rope and went for a head butt or something off the top rope, but he missed his target and sent his head hard into Aleister’s knee. He sold that the rest of the night. After not being able to put Black away, he went for a chair and pushed the referee down when he tried to take it away. As he turned around, he walked into a Black Mass that sent the chair into his face to send the crowd home happy. Afterward, he walked around and shook hands with the fans and I was able to get my picture with him. So happy early birthday to me.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.