WWE’s big stadium show in Australia confirmed by John Cena

By Jason Powell, Prowrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)

John Cena appeared on Australian radio today and stated that WWE will be running the Melbourne Cricket Ground on October 6. Cena made the announcement on Triple M Adelaide’s Rush Hour with Jars and Louie. [Thanks to Dot Net reader Daniel Steer]

Powell’s POV: The venue capacity is listed at 100,024 so this is a huge venue. Cena said he didn’t know if he would work the show, but said he hopes to. The Melbourne Herald Sun newspaper previously ran a story on the event and claimed the event would be announced at WrestleMania. They went even more over the top in listing Cena, Undertaker, and Rey Mysterio for the show while claiming that it would be “a pay-per-view event with a potential audience of tens of millions.” That said, with WWE expected to air the Greatest Royal Rumble event on April 27, it seems plausible that the Melbourne event could end up being broadcast on WWE Network.


NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.


Be the first to comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.