By Jason Powell, Prowrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE Live Event
Trenton, New Jersey at Cure Insurance Arena
Report by Dot Net reader Kevin Mullins
I took my wife and kids, and we went along with family friends and their kids as well. We had a ton of fun, which is what house shows are all about. The Cure Insurance Arena is not a big building, so I was surprised to see the entire upper deck empty. On the other hand, Trenton isn’t far from Philadelphia and they just had the Royal Rumble as well as NXT Takeover, Raw, and Smackdown that same weekend.
1. Bobby Roode over Jinder Mahal (wSunil Singh).
2. Sin Cara and The Ascension over Mojo Rawley, Mike Kanellis, and Primo Colon.
3. The Usos over The Bludgeon Brothers by DQ.
Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn came from out of the crowd and complained about being fired, how everyone paid to see them, etc. Shinsuke Nakamura’s music interrupted them and they left during his entrance.
4. Shinsuke Nakamura over Baron Corbin.
5. Tyler Breeze over Tye Dillinger. It was the first match after intermission and I was still on line getting the kids ice cream and popcorn.
6. Naomi and Becky Lynch over Natalya (w/Lana) and Carmella
7. AJ Styles and The New Day over Rusev, Aiden English, Shelton Benjamin, and Chad Gable. This was switched from the advertised Styles vs. Owens vs. Zayn Triple Threat due to the current storyline with Owens and Zayn being fired.
After the match, Xavier Woods played the trombone as Big E and Kofi Kingston took turns dancing. They then tried to get Styles to dance and he eventually obliged. The New Day act is getting a little stale to me, but I must admit this was a funny bit of business and the crowd (which was made up of mostly families) got a kick out of it as they were leaving.
I was a little surprised at some of the names that did not appear, mainly Charlotte Flair (who was advertised to be there on the arena’s website) and Randy Orton. The Riott Squad and Dolph Ziggler were not there either.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.