By Jason Powell, Prowrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to email@example.com
NXT Live Event
Indianapolis, Indiana at Egyptian Room at Old National Centre
Report by Dot Net reader Kyle Garner
What a show! Ringside for an NXT event is so amazing.
1. Lars Sullivan defeated Chris Dijak.
2. Candice LeRae defeated Dakota Kai. A very good match that was around 10 minutes long. Candice got a great reaction from the crowd and Dakota looked very impressive as well. Candice helped her up after the match and they hugged it out.
3. Kassius Ohno defeated Adrian Jaoude via DQ.
4. Velveteen Dream defeated Angelo Dawkins. A hard hitting match. Montez Ford was injured the night before so they had this match instead. Velveteen is massively over and kinda played the roll of the babyface a little with him getting beat down most of the match and then coming back for the win with a roll up while grabbing the tights.
5. Aleister Black defeated Adam Cole. A great back and fourth match. Before the bell, former Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee handled the ring intros. He and Cole had a little Twitter back and forth before the show with each cutting promos on each other. Cole went for a chair but Pat jumped up on the ring and took it from Cole. When he turned around, Black hit the Black Mass finisher for the win.
6. Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly defeated Heavy Machinery to retain the NXT Tag Titles. Scary moment in the match with Bobby Fish appearing to suffer a legit knee injury. From my angle it didn’t look like there was anything he really did to cause it. I think it was just a bad landing from a move. The ref held up the X sign and we thought it was just a work. But Kyle finished the match himself for about two or four minutes with a lot of confusion from the crowd. Adam Cole came out to distract Tucker Knight and the Undisputed Era retained. Fish was then helped to the back, with no pressure being put on his knee. After the show was over, me and a buddy stood and got pics with some of the wrestlers and Fish was on crutches going onto the bus, so it looks like a very legit injury.
7. Shayna Baszler defeated Kairi Sane. A good match. Sane kept teasing the diving elbow but never got a chance to hit it. Shayna caught her coming down and locked in her choke hold for the win.
8. Johnny Gargano defeated NXT Champion Andrada “Cien” Almas (w/Zelina Vega) in a non-title match. A very good and awesome match. Johnny was super over with the crowd. Before the match, Gargano said if this was his last match then he was going to beat Almas all over the building. So they fought into the crowd and around the arena for a good five minutes before getting into the ring. Zelina Vega got involved and did the huracanrana to Gargano into the steel steps. Candice then came out to make the save and chase Zelina into the back. Almas hit his hammerlock DDT for a very close and great near fall. Then he got caught in the Gargano Escape and tapped to give Johnny the victory.
After the match, Johnny took to the mic and thanked all the fans that have supported him through his 13 year journey. He said that a lot of people have asked him when he is going to the main roster since this was his last match in NXT. He said that he did not have an answer but then stated that with the relationships that he has built and the matches that he has put on, NXT was the main roster to him. He then went around taking selfies with everyone at ringside (including me) and went to the back to end the great show.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.