We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, Impact Wrestling, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact Wrestling TV taping
Report by Dot Net reader Himanshu D
1. Low Ki beat Caleb Konley. During the match, a suicide dive by Konley caused Low Ki to bleed near the eye. Low Ki won.
Afterward, Sonjay Dutt’s music played and he comes out wearing an eye patch asking if Low Ki knows his name. He told the crowd to tell Low Ki what his name is. He saw Low Ki hurt his eye and asked how it felt to be on the other side. Dutt talked about years ago when they wrestled at the Elk’s Lodge. He says there is no Homicide or Hit Squad to hold him back. He said they were in Mumbai, India, and if Low Ki is a man of honor then he would give him a title match. Low Ki shook his hand to confirm the match.
2. Davey Richards defeated Vinaash Verma. Davey went after him right from the bell. Some hope spots for Vinaash, a somersault attempt is missed by him and Davey put on the ankle lock for the submission win. After the match, EC3 comes out and whipped Vinaash with the belt. James Storm’s music hit. EC3 escaped the ring as he ran in.
3. Laurel Van Ness (w/ Sienna) vs Rosemary. Sienna tries to distract the referee but Laurel accidentally pushed Sienna off the apron and Rosemary got a rollup for the win. Sienna and Laurel attacked Rosemary until Allie came out with a kendo stick (more like a broom) and hit them both with it. After the heels left, Allie and Rosemary were in the ring. Rosemary snatched the kendo stick but instead of attacking her with it, dropped it and smiled. Allie looked tense the whole time.
EC3 came out wearing an Indian dress with Ethan Singh 3 on the big screen and custom music. He was accompanied by a translator and said his name is EC3. There were “Loser” chants from the crowd. He talked about his lineage, saying his great great great great grandfather was born in India and is a full blooded Indian. He says you’re with me and I’m with you. He told the translator to translate what he said. He says India is a land of rich cultural opportunity. He says Impact Wrestling in India is making history. He says he’s rich and he doesn’t see culture in a third world hellhole. “Loser” chants from the crowd again. EC3 said that when it comes to history, he’s not here to create it, he’s here to destroy it. He said he came to find zen and tranquility, instead he found despair and anger. He said Sony and Impact deserve each other because they’re just like the people out here. He says his name is EC3 and he’s the best guy here, the best guy there, and in a country of 1.3 billion he is the best anywhere. He told the translator to translate, but he wouldn’t do so. EC3 said he shall be punished. EC3 took out his belt and whipped the translator. Storm’s music hit and he ran in. EC3 tried to whip him, but Storm kicked the belt out of his hands. He was about to whip EC3 with it, but he escaped. Storm brought the translator back in the ring and they pose to end the segment.
Josh Matthews came out out for a match wearing his GOAT shirt. He asked if the crowd knows who Scott Steiner is. A million people watched on YouTube as he made his return to Impact. He says he handpicked his opponent. He says was on the 2008 Indian Olympic Team. He says he was in the Bollywood film Sultan. There were “You can’t wrestle” chants. He introduced Sandeep, a fat wrestler wearing a singlet.
4. Josh Matthews beat Sandeep. Josh took him down with a hip toss and taunted to the crowd. He did the bit where he spun around his opponents’ back and slaps his head to make him look stupid. Taunts to the crowd again. An arm drag and a dropkick shocked Josh and he kicked the ropes out of anger. He was pissed at Sandeep. He gained control of the match and hit a Swanton Bomb on him, followed by a Steiner Recliner for the submission win. Matthews wouldn’t let go of the hold and Mahabali Shera came out. Shera botched a lift to the shoulder and he tried it another time. Lashley came out and attacked Shera. He clotheslined him and Josh put Shera in the Steiner Recliner. Alberto El Patron’s music hit and he cleared the ring and posed with Shera and his GFW Title.
5. Braxton Sutter (w/Allie) beat Trevor Lee. Lee attacks right from the bell. He hit a deadlift German suplex for a two count. Trevor dominates the match until Trevor goes after Allie outside the ring. Braxton caught him as he’s about to lay his hands on Allie. It was back and forth until the Pepper Shaker Neck Breaker got the win for Sutter. Allir and Braxton are celebrating in the ring until Sienna’s music hits and she came out with Laurel Van Ness. Sienna told Braxton to get that stupid look out off his face. She mocked him for wearing a beanie in India and said it’s a 150 degrees. She said everyone thinks Allie is so innocent and pure. Tell her why Allie attacked her with a weapon for no reason? She said since Allie wants to act as a wrestler, she can be a wrestler. Allie and her pal Rosemary. She asked if Allie thinks Rosemary has a decent bone in her body. She says we’ll see if Rosemary even shows up.
6. Mahabali Shera won a 10-man gauntlet for the Sony SIX invitational. There was a trophy at ringside, and it was over-the-top elimination with a new entrant every 90 seconds, until the final two when it came down to pinfall or submission. Suicide and Matt Sydal started off. Davey was the next one in, followed by KM. Davey eliminated Suicide, Swoggle was the next entrant and he had a comedy spot where he slapped Davey’s chest and KM’s midsection and it had no effect on them. KM took down Swoggle. Eddie Edwards was the next entrant and he eliminated both himself and Davey. They brawled to the back. KM removed his belt and went to whip Swoggle, but Sydal stopped him,. They both tried to eliminate KM. Rockstar Spud is the next entrant and he went right after Swoggle, who fought back. Sydal crouched behind Spud and tripped him. Spud dominated and got Swoggle in the corner. KM went for Sydal. Kongo Kong was the next entrant. KM and Kongo Kong eliminated Sydal and Spud. Moose was the next entrant with Kong and KM in the ring. Moose fought, but they both double teamed and eliminate Moose. Shera was the last man. Kongo Kong charged to clothesline him, but fell over the top rope and was eliminated. It’s down to Shera and KM in normal rules. KM dominated. There were “You’re a liar” chants. Shera hit the Attitude Adjustment and comes back in the match. KM tried to go for the pumphandle slam, but it was countered into the Sky High for the win. Shera celebrated and he hugged his dad and brother at ringside. The CEO of Sony Pictures Network, Bruce Prichard, and Scott D’Amore presented the trophy to Shera, who celebrated in the crowd.
Moose came out. He said two weeks ago, he successfully defended the Impact Grand Championship against a dummy. Eli Drake’s music hit and he came out with Chris Adonis. He said “India, India, India… Shut up, dummies. I’m not talking to you, I’m talking to me. Let me talk to ya.” He said he thinks when he came to Impact Wrestling he was fed BS by the old regime, and now with Bruce Prichard, nothing’s changed. Then he looked at this crosseyed halfwit with a title he doesn’t deserve. He said Moose knows he was defeated by Eli Drake. He said Moose got his nose so far up Bruce’s keister, he knows what curry he ate today. Moose said he’s not big on going back and forth. He told the crowd if they want to see Moose and these two asses at Slammiversary, let him hear it. There were Moose chants. Drake said, “Quiet, dummies”, they wanna go two on one. Adonis warned Moose that he has Eli Drake and Eli has him. Moose said he has a partner but he will reveal him in due time.
Alberto El Patron came out. Fans chanted “Si Si Si”. Alberto said it was amazing, Si, Si, Si in Mumbai. Alberto said he took multiple flights and came here just three hours ago. He said he was in the back and felt energy in the building, then the crowd gave him that amazing “Si, Si, Si” and just because of that he promised he would do what he does best, by kicking some traseros. He said he has been doing this for so many years in so many different countries, China, Mexico, Japan, India, winning titles in different companies, but there’s one title that he hasn’t won and we’re few weeks away from Slammiversary live on PPV and that’s the place where he promises he will be the undisputed Impact Wrestling Champion.
Lashley’s music hits and he said he is sick and tired of how these fans are cheering for El Patron. He said he would smarten Alberto up, he is the Impact Wrestling Champion and the realest wrestler in the business. Lashley said he could take Alberto in the cage or even in the parking lot. He said Alberto is telling about winning titles around the world, he asked him if he thinks he’s the only person. Alberto said my Indian friends are gonna answer for you. The crowd chanted “Si Si Si”. Lashley said he has to go against another cheerleader. He said he knew Alberto comes from a rich wrestling family which he doesn’t care about, he said he would bust his bubble at Slammiversary, and when he does that Alberto can walk his ass back and he won’t be needed here. He said that at Slammiversary, it would just be the two of them and all the talking will be up.
Bruce Prichard came out. He said he loves seeing two champs ready to fight. Bobby corrects him and said one champ. Bruce said he’s got one question: they want to defend their title tonight? They should both defend it tonight right here in India. As they get ready to fight, Bruce says not fight against each other, they’re gonna save it for Slammiversary, Alberto would defend the GFW Title and Bobby would defend the Impact Wrestling Title. Bobby asked against whom. Alberto said how about Bruce cuts this bullshit and let him fight this bitch. Bruce warned if they lose they won’t go to Slammiversary. Alberto asked Bruce who it would be. Bruce said they’ll find out just like everybody finds out when they walk down that aisle. He wished them both good luck.
7. Lashley defeated Moose to retain the Impact Wrestling Championship. Moose was revealed as Lashley’s opponent. A mostly back and forth match until Lashley got the upper hand. It came down to a sleeper hold where Moose got his hand up before three and fought back and ended up dropkicking Lashley out of the ring. Lashley gets the upper hand in the match again. Moose countered Lashley’s spear to hit one of his own but, Lashley kicked out at two. Moose countered another spear to hit a sit-out chokeslam but still couldn’t get the win. Eventually, Lashley countered the Gamechanger for a spear to win and retain his title.
8. Alberto El Patron defeated Chris Adonis (w/Eli Drake) to retain the GFW Title. Alberto went after Eli outside the ring and Adonis attacked him right at the bell, Alberto fought back and took the fight through the crowd, Adonis came back in the match and dominated. The finish came when Adonis went for the Masterlock, but Alberto countered it. Adonis ran towards him but he ended up hung in the corner. Alberto hit the double foot stomp for the win. After the match, Eli and Adonis attacked Alberto. Moose’s music hits and he clears the ring. Alberto and Moose pose in the ring to end the segment.
9. Sonjay Dutt defeated Low Ki to win the X Division Title. Low Ki controlled the match early on and ripped off Sonjay’s eye patch. They took the fight to the crowd. Sonjay threw Low Ki off the first tier seating onto the ring apron on the other side of the barrier. Sonjay hit a somersault onto Low Ki outside. Low Ki came back and took Sonjay inside the ring. The crowd chanted for Sonjay, who came back in the match, but Low Ki thwarted him off, going for the jumping kick in the corner, and took him to the top rope. Sonjay came back and took Low Ki to the top and attempted a superplex, but Low Ki fought it off. Sonjay rolled on the ground, jumped to the top rope, and hit the superplex. Low Ki kicked out of a pin attempt. Sonjay flipped over Low Ki and tried to cover him, but Low Ki stomped him down. He went for the cover again, but Sonjay kicked out. Low Ki put him on top rope, got him in Samoan carry position, and ran towards the other corner, but Sonjay countered and hit a tilt-a-whirl tornado DDT on Low Ki. He went to the top rope and hits the Hindu press for the win to become the new X-Division Champion. Sonjay was in disbelief as he finally won the X Division Championship. Shera and other X-Division faces came out with champagne to celebrate. Eddie Edwards sprayed champagne on Sonjay. Shera hoisted him him up on his shoulders. Sonjay celebrates in the crowd and hugged Shera’s dad. Sonjay stated in Hindi that this isn’t for me, this is for the entire nation. Shera said thank you, you guys are awesome.