We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, Impact Wrestling, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
NXT Live Event
St. Louis, Missouri at Family Arena
Report by Dot Net reader Jeff Anderson
1. No Way Jose beat Eric Young (w/Killian Dain, Alexander Wolfe, Nikki Cross). Jose did the “Helicopter spin” on Young. Both men sold dizziness for about 25-30 seconds afterward, popping the crowd. Dain and Wolfe attacked Jose outside later on. Jose won with a rollup in about 12 minutes.
2. Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano beat Killian Dain and Alexander Wolfe (w/Eric Young, Nikki Cross). Wolfe ranted in Deutsch. Young ran down STL and challenges ANYONE in the back. #DIY music hits. Young and Cross were ejected after trying to introduce chairs before the match started. DIY hit their finish and pin Wolfe.
Cazar Bononi (from Brazil) cuts a promo on screen.
3. Sonya DeVille beat Aliyah. DeVille, formerly known as Daria Beranato won via a kick/shin to the face in roughly ten minutes.
4. Dylan Miley over Patrick Clark. Clark said Regal asked him about the “Patrick Clark Experience”. He said he will show Regal what the “Experience” is right here in KANSAS CITY (moderate heat from crowd). Miley came out and won with a powerslam (I think?) in about eight minutes.
5. Aleister Black over Cezar Bononi. Black went for the kick right away but Bononi stepped back. Black ultimately put him down in about six minutes after a decent fight by Bononi, where he actually countered Black’s finish nicely just before being put down.
6. Hideo Itami beat Andrade “Cien” Almas. Itami went over with the GTS in ten minutes.
7. Asuka and Ruby Riot defeated Billie Kay and Payton Royce. The ring announcer informed us that Kay and Royce wish to be called the “Iconic Duo”. Asuka was in full Babyface mode here and was carrying the old belt. Asuka got the pinfall (don’t recall who on) after heel kick in eleven minutes.
8. Bobby Roode beat Tyler Dillinger to retain the NXT Championship. Roode wore the old title belt. He went for cheap heat early by putting on a Predators jersey, while Dillinger borrowed a Blues sweater from the crowd (Tarasenko’s jersey, not Upshall’s number 10 unfortunately). They had a hockey fight in the middle of the ring where Tye went “over” and stomped the Preds jersey before getting serious again. Both wrestlers hit their finishers, Dillinger kicked out of a Glorious DDT and Roode grabbed the rope after the Tye Breaker. Roode ultimately hit the Glorious DDT after a low blow and got the pinfall in 25 minutes. Post match, the back and forth ended with Tye Breaker and Dillinger saluting the audience.
A very fun show with comic relief “high spots” in the opener and main event. I’ll be interested in seeing more from Bononi as he seemed to fare much better against Black than prior opponents, so it seems like there may be a plan there.
The Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features ODB discussing the fire that destroyed her food truck, the fundraising drive to help her buy a new truck, her appearance on the latest Impact Wrestling television show, Triple H telling her to go to TNA, and much more...