We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, and Evolve live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
NXT Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Adam Crawley
The show actually took place in a theater, with the ring up on a stage. The entire audience was on one side of the ring, which was a perspective I’ve never seen, having only ever attended arena shows previously. I brought my 5-year old son and 4-year old daughter to the show and we got a few comments from fans who were surprised that they were so into it at a young age. It was a fun show and the crowd was very engaged all night.
1. Lince Doradao defeated Elias Sampson. The crowd was very anti-Sampson and he sang a song about how much Richmond sucks.
2. Peyton Royce defeated Liv Morgan. Both women got in lots of offense, and the crowd cheered each of their big moves.
3. Authors of Pain defeated TM61. No Paul Ellering for this one. TM61 would have been more over, but didn’t get in a lot of offensive moves.
4. Cedric Alexander defeated Austin Aries. This was the match of the night and the crowd was evenly split among the two. There were dueling “Let’s Go Cedric/Austin Aries” chants.
5. Tye Dillinger defeated Wesley Blake. Everyone was playing along with the 10 chants and my son found this to be especially fun.
6. Asuka defeated Aliyah to retain NXT Women’s Championship. My daughter was VERY into Asuka and was wearing her mask for the entirety of the match. She’s now a huge mark.
7. Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode defeated Shinsuke Nakamura and No Way Jose. All four men got huge pops for their entrances. It was a comedy match for a good chunk of the time. After Roode hit Nakamura with a low blow, Joe forced Jose to tap out to the Coquina Clutch. After the match, Joe and Roode looked to continue beating down Jose, but Nakamura came in for the save. He went for a Kinshasa on Samoa Joe, but Joe ducked and Bobby Roode took the hit instead. The babyfaces celebrated in the ring to end the show.