By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
Impact Wrestling issued the following press release regarding April 4 “United We Stand” event will air exclusively on FITE TV and will feature talent from Lucha Underground, MLW, and AAA.
TORONTO | NEW YORK – IMPACT Wrestling announced today that United We Stand on April 4 in Rahway, NJ will air as a live pay-per-view event exclusively on FITE.tv.
Kicking off at 11:00 p.m. ET, United We Stand will feature the returns of former World Champion Rob Van Dam and hardcore wrestling legend Sabu to IMPACT Wrestling, as they challenge IMPACT World Tag Team Champions Pentagon Jr. and Fenix, the Lucha Brothers, in an Extreme Dream Match.
“We are delighted to welcome two legends in Rob Van Dam and Sabu back to an IMPACT Wrestling ring,” said Ed Nordholm, president of IMPACT Wrestling. “Add this to the list of other matches we have announced and United We Stand is becoming a dream night of action for wrestling fans all over the world made available through our partners at FITE.tv.”
United We Stand will also present a Monster’s Ball to end all Monster’s Balls between two of the most intense, violent and hardcore wrestlers on the planet. Picking up where they left off after their barbed wire bat death match at Wrestling MediaCon last September in Manchester, Sami Callihan and Jimmy Havoc will battle in a dream hardcore encounter for the world to see.
In other featured matches:
- Ultimate X makes its return, as the chance to challenge X-Division Champion Rich Swann literally hangs in the balance. The match includes oVe’s Jake Crist representing IMPACT Wrestling, Jack Evans representing Lucha Libre AAA and Kotto Brazil representing Major League Wrestling (MLW) with additional entrants to be revealed in the coming weeks.
- In a special attraction intergender match, former World Champion Eli Drake goes one-on-one with former Knockouts Champion and third-generation star Tessa Blanchard.
- Team IMPACT Wrestling battles Team Lucha Underground in an eight-man tag team match. IMPACT will be represented by reigning World Champion Johnny Impact, Brian Cage, Eddie Edwards and Moose, while Lucha Underground’s team will include King Cuerno, Aerostar, Drago and Daga.
Tickets for United We Stand start at $40 and are available at IMPACTWrestling.com. The live pay-per-view event can be purchased on the FITE website www.FITE.tv or on the FITE app on all iOS and Android devices, or on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV and FireTV boxes for $19.99 on a stand-alone basis or for $159.95 as part of FITE.tv’s “FITE FEST” bundle of more than 30 events occurring through the April 3-6 weekend of wrestling festivities in the tri-state area. FITE.tv is a premium digital live streaming network that has presented over 1,900 live professional wrestling, mixed martial arts, boxing and other combat sports events since its launch in 2016. For more information about United We Stand on FITE.tv, visit www.FITE.tv.
A subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., IMPACT Wrestling will present United We Stand in collaboration with WrestlePro. Emanating from Rahway Recreation Center, the show will take place on the busiest wrestling weekend of the year, as virtually the entire professional wrestling world descends upon the New York metropolitan area.
IMPACT Wrestling previously announced a collaboration with MLW for their respective events on April 4, coordinating schedules to ensure fans can attend both shows.
Directions from Melrose Ballroom, which hosts MLW’s television tapings, to Rahway Recreation Center can be found below:
By Transit or Subway
- Walk approximately 3 minutes from Melrose Ballroom to 31st & 36th Ave. to the W Train
- Take train approximately 17 minutes to 34th St. – Penn Station.
- Alternate route: N Train also goes direct to 34th St. – Penn Station.
- Take NJ Transit 7 stops approximately 35 minutes to Rahway, NJ.
- Cross the street and enter Rahway Recreation Center on 275 E. Milton Ave.
- Drive through Manhattan via Lincoln Tunnel or Holland Tunnel.
- Drive through Staten Island via Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge.
Both routes will bring you to NJ Turnpike South to Rahway, NJ.
Powell’s POV: Impact’s 2018 WrestleMania weekend event was broadcast on Twitch TV. It’s logical of the company to move the event to a pay service to make as much revenue as they can. The show will be held the Thursday of WrestleMania weekend. The late start could work against them with the pay-per-view audience. That said, it’s cool that they have talent from multiple promotions working the show.
Check below for the new Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell and former WWE Smackdown lead writer Alex Greenfield discussing the NXT call-ups, Stephanie McMahon’s past contributions to WWE creative, the growth of MLW, and much more.
The Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features Jake Barnett co-hosting the Boom and Dot Net Weekly combo show. Jason and Jake discuss Becky Lynch announcing her pregnancy, Alberto Del Rio being accused of sexual assault, WWE's IC Title tournament, Mike Tyson appearing at AEW Double Or Nothing, Undertaker's Last Ride documentary, AEW Dynamite and NXT TV thoughts, and more...