By Haydn Gleed, ProWrestling.net Staffer (@haydngleed)
The following are the results of the NXT UK television shows that aired Thursday, January 9 on WWE Network.
1. Amir Jordan and Kenny Williams defeated Dan Maloney and Jamie Ahmed.
A press conference with the “wrestling media” was shown. Toni Storm and Rhea Ripley sat behind a table as Sid Scala and Johnny Saint stood between them. This was great and needs to be done more.
2. Isla Dawn defeated Xia Brookside.
3. Jordan Devlin defeated Damien Weir.
4. “Grizzled Young Veterans” Zach Gibson and James Drake beat Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster to reach the final of the Tag Team Tournament at NXT UK Takeover Blackpool.
1. Ligero defeated Joseph Conners.
2. Travis Banks defeated Tyson T-Bone.
3. “Gallus” Joe Coffey, Mark Coffey, and Wolfgang defeated “British Strong Style” Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, and Tyler Bate.
Gleed’s Ramblings: Two good shows with the primary focus being on the NXT UK Takeover show on Saturday. The main event of the final show before Takeover was outstanding and a culmination of a 24 episode feud between Gallus and British Strong Style but in general both shows were all about putting heat on the matches that have been announced. With five matches announced and with two and a half hours put aside for the show that sounds about right to me judging by usual NXT Takeovers. I expect Isla Dawn facing Jinny if there is a Takeover pre-show match. WWE also advertised a network special on the Nigel McGuinness story to air after NXT UK Takeover.
Join Jason Powell for live coverage of NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool on Saturday. Dot Net Members will be listening to the weekly NXT UK audio reviews that Daren Gutteridge and I record weekly, as well as a preview and predictions for NXT Takeover this Saturday. They are already listening to the special two-part NXT UK roster evaluation that we recorded earlier this week. For more details, visit PWMembership.net.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell and guest Will Pruett on the Roman Reigns whodunnit angle, WWE heading into SummerSlam, AEW's October 2 premiere on TNT, the New Japan Pro Wrestling G1 Climax Tournament through Day 11, and more (77:45)...