By Haydn Gleed, ProWrestling.net Staffer (@haydngleed)
The following are the results of the NXT UK television shows that aired Thursday, January 2 on WWE Network.
1. Travis Banks beat Jamie Ahmed with a Slice of Heaven.
2. Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel defeated Kenny Williams and Amir Jordan.
3. Jinny defeated Candyfloss with a Touch of Couture.
4. “Moustache Mountain” Trent Seven and Tyler Bates defeated “Gallus” Wolfgang and Mark Coffey” to win a place in the NXT UK Tag Title tournament final.
1. Toni Storm defeated Deonna Purrazzo.
2. “The Wildboar” Mike Hitchman defeated Josh Morrell.
3. Eddie Dennis fought Dave Mastiff to a double disqualification.
The contract signing between Pete Dunne and Joe Coffey for the WWE UK Championship match at NXT UK Takeover took place.
Gleed’s Ramblings: The contract signing went ahead without incident…only joking a table was broken of course. The shows are now rightly centering around the NXT Takeover from Blackpool, which makes the shows feel more focused and with a purpose. Show one had a very good tag match between Barthel and Aichner against Williams and Jordan, but there was a nice sprinkling of storyline and character development throughout. The second show was okay but seemed out of place. There was a random virtual squash match involving someone who won’t be on Takeover and the finish to the Eddie Dennis and Dave Mastiff was very weak. A decent enough show that felt disjointed. Overall, nothing more than a B grade for both shows, yet entertaining if not spectacular.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.
Be the first to comment