By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact Wrestling TV Taping
Toronto, Ontario at Rebel Complex
Report by Dot Net reader MrEddyG
1. Joe Hendry (w/Grado, Katarina) beat Tyson Dux. They brought in a young fan after the match. Dux gets in Hendry’s face and was upset he brought the boy in the ring. Dux shoved Joe who responded with a fallaway slam, and told Steven (the boy) to pin Tyson, which he did. The Boy was from a group called Best Buddies, and apparently there’s about 100 of them here tonight.
2. LAX (w/Konnan) beat Tarik and Brent Banks. They didn’t say if this was a title match, so I’m guessing not. LAX win, but The Banks’ Brothers got a lot of offence in, and looked solid.
1. Brian Cage beat Fenix (w/Pentagon Jr.) to retain the X Division Title. At one point, Cage caught Fenix outside as he was going for a suicide dive into a delayed vertical suplex on the floor! Cage eventually wone with a top rope powerbomb. Excellent match. As Pentagon was checking on Fenix after the match, OVE and Sami Callihan attacked them. Cage was on the ramp and teased leaving. The crowd booed him, and then he got in the ring to help clear OVE and Sami, including hitting Dave Crist with The Drill Claw.
Eddie Edwards was out next. Eddie said he’s been knocked down, but he’s back and after he’s been through he likes, no he loves the man he’s become. He’s got nothing left to lose and that makes him a very dangerous man. He wants to fight Austin and Killer Kross. He said if they don’t come down, he’ll find them in the back. Aries and Kross come down. Aries says Edwards has had his chance and Eddie may be crazy, stupid, and delusional, but Aries has found someone crazier. Eddie tried to attack them both but was taken down in a modified Cobra Clutch by Kross. Aries applied a Figure Four. The referees couldn’t get them to stop, Cross had Eddie down on his knees in a Full Nelson while Aries goes to swing a chair to Eddie’s head, but Moose has returned for the save. Eddie and Moose embraced and shake hands and leave to the back together.
2. Kiera Hogan (w/Allie) beat Alisha. Both women very aggressive, but Kiera won. After the match, Allie said every time she gets close to defeating Su Yung, Tessa interferes, so she challenged Tessa and Su to a Triple Threat match.
3. Brandon Tidwell and Mr. Atlantis beat Trevor Lee and Caleb Konley (w/Eli Drake). came out with his team, but went to join Josh Mathews and Don Callis on commentary. Trevor got too cocky and tried copy some of Eli’s moves. While he was posing, he was rolled up by Tingwell for the upset win. Eli just laughed at them from the desk.
4. KM and Fallah Bahh beat The Desi Hit Squad (w/Gama Singh). Before the match, Gama insulted Toronto’s sports teams, especially the Raptors to cheap heat. KM came down barefoot and wore tights like Fallah, which drew a “Nice Tights”’ chant. KM and Fallah win after a Banzai Drop by BAHH to Rohit Raju. KM told the crowd it’s Fallah’s birthday, and he got a nice “Happy Birthday” chant.
5. Matt Sydal beat Zachary Wentz. Sydal won. A fun, short match.
6. Rich Swann beat Petey Williams. The returning Swann was announced as being 275 pounds by the ring announcer. I’m sure he meant 175. Nice back and fourth exchanges with Rich reversing a Canadian Destroyer attempt into a standing Shooting Star Press for the victory. It was nice to see Rich growing his hair out and without that hideous skullet.
Eli Drake arrives to the ring in street clothes. He says Trevor and Caleb wanted to be his friends but they lost to a couple of nobodies and invites Mr. Atlantis to come on down. They get a “Who Are They”’ and “They Are Dummies” chants. Eli said they have one more challenge left – him. Mr. Atlantis says he’ll do it, but it ended up being Tidwell in the match.
7. Eli Drake beat Brandon Tidwell. Eli makes very short of him with The Gravy Train. Eli consoles Brandon, and invited Mr. Atlantis in before promptly dropping him with another Gravy Train.
8. Tessa Blanchard beat Su Yung (w/Undead Bridesmaids) and Allie (w/Kiera Hogan) in a Triple Threat to win the Knockouts Title. Allie tripped going the ring. Oops. They reshot her entrance. Tessa tossed Su outside onto her bridesmaids, and the finish cane when Su had the Manidable Claw on Allie. Tessa ran Su into Allie, and rolled her up to win to become the new champion. Su screamed as she went to the back.
Before the main event, Moose was shown laid out with Killer Kross’s card on his back.
9. Austin Aries and Killer Kross fought Eddie Edwards to an apparent no-contest. Moose eventually came out with his head bandaged, and speared Eddie! Aries, Kross, and Moose put Eddie’s neck in a chair outside. Moose hit Eddie in the throat with another chair. Alisha Edwards came down and slapped Moose and put herself in front of Eddie to get them to stop. Eventually, referees broke things up. Moose tore up a young boy’s Moose sign as he left.
10. Sami Callihan defeated Pentagon Jr. in a Mexican Death Match. Pentagon gets a stuffed animal at one point. He knocked down Sami. There was stapler inside the stuffed animal. Pentagon stapled both Sami’s shoulders and groin. Pentagon stapled Sami’s hat to his head, and ripped the hat off of his head. Sami put a trash can on top Pentagon’s head and hit it with a baseball bat to little effect. Both men fought on the top rope with a table underneath them. Pentagon went for a Fear Factor, but Sami reversed into a piledriver through the table and won! Not ad good as their Slammiversary match but still great.