We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, Impact Wrestling, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
NXT TV taping
Winter Park, Florida at Full Sail University
Results courtesy of Jacob Cohen
-Jeet Rama beat Mik Drake in a dark match.
1. Ember Moon defeated Lei’d Tapa. Lei’d Tapa was helped by the refs and may have been legit hurt, Ember challenged Asuka to a title match at Takeover.
The Authors of Pain were scheduled for a match that didn’t happen because Sanity attacked the NXT Tag Champions. AOP cleared them from the ring.
2. Velveteen Dream defeated Cezar Bononi. Afterward, Velveteen Dream said he won’t do an interview in front of the ugliness that is the NXT Universe.
The main event of NXT Takeover: Brooklyn (SummerSlam weekend) was announced as Bobby Roode vs. Drew McIntyre. McIntyre cut a promo that fired up the crowd with NXT chants.
3. Kassius Ohno defeated Hideo Itami by DQ when Itami kicked Ohno in the balls. Itami attacked Ohno afterward and left him lying.
4. Johnny Gargano beat Raul Mendoza.
There was a Asuka and Ember Moon verbal exchange. Asuka would’t shake Ember’s hand and instead slapped her. Ember slapped Asuka back and they brawled until Ember hit the Eclipse on Asuka.
6. Heavy Machinery defeated Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli.
7. Sonya Deville beat an unnamed opponent.
Hideo Itami cut a promo in Japanese. He was confronted by Aleister Black, who caught him with a roundhouse kick.
8. Aleister Black defeated Kyle O’Reilly.
Sanity called out AOP. Eric Young blindsided AOP, and Sanity overwhelmed them.
9. Street Profits defeated The Metro Brothers.
There was a segment with Bobby Roode and Drew McIntyre with William Regal as the moderator. Roode brought out a security team and said he’s the money in the main event and McIntyre is replaceable. Roderick Strong came out and said he’s not done with Roode. He added that it’s not about the NXT Title, it’s about Roode disrespecting his family. Strong challenged Roode to a fight. Roode said he would face him only if he beat McIntyre first. If Strong wins, he will get a shot at Roode post Takeover.
10. Danny Burch defeated Oney Lorcan.
11. Andrade “Cien” Almas (w/Thea Trinidad) defeated No Way Jose. Trinidad said Almas wants the spotlight and challenged Johnny Gargano to a Takeover match.
Regal hosted a contract signing for Asuka vs. Ember Moon for the NXT Women’s Championship at Takeover. Ember said she is the only person Asuka has had to take shortcuts with to beat.
12. Street Profits beat Lars Sullivan and Chris Silvio. Lars picked up Silvio and took him backstage.
13. Ruby Riot beat Billie Kay. Afterward, Peyton Royce called Riot a gross, Ntattooed loser.
14. Drew McIntyre vs. Roderick Strong ended in a no-contest. Bobby Roode attacked Roode and then McIntyre.