We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE Live Event
Sheffield, England at Sheffield Arena
Report by Dot Net reader John Isherwood
1. Shinsuke Nakamura beat Dolph Ziggler. Dolph broke out the Famouser and did a good mix of heel work with the crowd. Nakamura is over with the adults. His debut will be special.
2. Breezango and Tye Dillinger beat The Ascension and Aiden English. Breezango are hella fun and the Fandango is still over. Talking of over, Tye is huge. 10 chants everywhere. Aiden’s singing is kinda fun, I hope he keeps this up, he’s a proper annoying little mid card heel.
3. Luke Harper beat Erick Rowan. Its the same match you’ve seen for ages with these two and I wish creative could keep them together. The collective is better than the individual. Decent match though.
4. Kevin Owens beat Sami Zayn to retain the U.S. Title. Could be MOTN contender here as both did their best again. KO is so good, telling the crowd to shut up as he couldn’t concentrate and he’d cancel the match because its the KO Show.” Sami sells everything so well too.
5. Becky Lynch, Naomi and Charlotte beat Natalya, Tamina and Carmella (w/James Ellsworth). Notes on this… Natalya is awesome, Charlotte is super over, and James Ellsworth got some second hand chewing gum off Carmella. Lovely.
6. Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, and Sam Gradwell beat Pete Dunne, Joseph Connors, and James Drake. There’s some talent there and Dunne has to win at Takeover. The guy is incredible.
7. Baron Corbin beat Mojo Rawley. Corbin won the battle of the Dre winners. Yep, it was what you’d expect.
8. The Uso beat Primo and Epico Colon and American Alpha in a Triple Threat to retain the Smackdown Tag Titles. I wish the tag scene on Smackdown was better booked. Alpha are awesome.
9. Randy Orton defeated AJ Styles and Jinder Mahal in a Triple Threat to retain the Smackdown Championship. AJ is super over, Orton was way over, when they clash in singles, YES. Jinder was hindered, no-one cared.
Notes: A feally fun show. There were John Cena and Roman Reigns shirts EVERYWHERE with the kids and the ladies. There were also a nice amount of Nakamura shirts, some Progress ones too and the hottest item on the merch table.. the Money in the Bank briefcase. Seriously.
Great pops for Nakamura, AJ, Orton, and Alpha. Zayn and Owens got a great reaction too. The kids are still into Ziggler, loads near me were chanting for him. I don’t think they ‘get’ Nakamura yet. Also, there were quite a few chants for Baron Corbin as he smashed Mojo. Really fun night.