We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, Impact Wrestling, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to email@example.com
WWE Live Event
Cardiff, Wales at Motorpoint Arena
Report by Dot Net staffer Haydn Gleed
The venue was filled to the rafters.
1. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Dolph Ziggler. Surprisingly duel chants for both guys, but Dolph managed to turn them. Nakamura won via the Kinshasa. A decent match despite both men appearing to hold something back, which is understandable.
2. The Usos defeated American Alpha and Primo & Epico in a Triple Threat to retain the Smackdown Tag Titles. The heel teams essentially joined forces in beating down Chad gable for a sustained amount of time before he made the hot tag to Jason Jordon. However, The Usos came out on top with a blindside roll up to retain. Fun match.
3. Luke Harper beat Erick Rowan. Rowan came out in a sheep mask with lipstick and other assorted makeup coloring the mask. At one point, Rowan blew up a balloon and then let it go…..ok. Harper won with a discus clothesline. A disappointing match.
4. Sin Cara, Tyler Breeze, and Fandango beat The Ascension and Aiden English. Before the match, Aiden called the Welsh “wannabe English”. He got nuclear heat for that and a Wales chant. We are not easily manipulated, honestly. He then started singing. Pretty good voice fair play. Lots of fun comedy spots in the match and of course a U.K. crowd singing the Fandango song (why?!). Fandango rolled up one of the Ascension members for the three count for the win for his team.
After the match, Aiden English went crazy screaming no, which the crowd responded with yes. He demanded someone else come out to face the drama king. This brought out Mojo Rowley, who clearly had too much Red Bull backstage.
5. Mojo Rawley beat Aiden English in roughly 20 seconds. Mojo exchanged slaps with the ref, before slapping the ref on the bum repeatedly. He then ran back up the ramp.
6. Kevin Owens beat Sami Zayn to retain the U.S. Championship. Owens stalled for a good five minutes after the bell rang by rolling out of the ring before Sami got his hands on him. Sami came close to getting a two count but Owens eventually won with a Popup Powerbomb. As Owens was walking to the back, he grabbed a fan’s program and a pen and threw both outside in a great heel move.
7. Tyler Bate, Trent Severn, and Mark Andrews beat Pete Dunne, Joseph Conners, and James Drake. A good but not great reaction for Andrews surprisingly. The crowd don’t seem to know the guys, but I’m guessing it’s because there were a lot of kids and their parents. In fact, a kid seated near me shouted, “You smell like poo” at Pete Dunne. The babyfaces got the crowd back into the match with some crowd pleasing spots, especially from the Moustache Mountain duo. By the end of the match, the crowd was fully invested good work by the six guys. Andrews won with a shooting star press on James Drake. A thoroughly enjoyable, crowd pleasing match.
8. Naomi defeated Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Natalya, and Carmella (w/James Ellsworth) to retain the Smackdown Women’s Championship. By far the best reaction was for Charlotte. The heels helped each other against Lynch, but soon fell out when Natalya went for a sly pin behind Carmella’s back. Charlotte at one point did the Flair strut for a massive babyface reaction. Naomi retained after pinning Carmella.
9. Randy Orton defeated Jinder Mahal and AJ Styles in a Triple Threat to retain the WWE Championship. Jinder cut a promo before the match saying that we are just like the lazy Americans by showing him disrespect cause he looks different. He got the what treatment. Styles came out to the best reaction of the night. Orton still hears voices. A hot start to the match with Randy going straight after Jinder with AJ just watching on. When the match settled down, each man got a chance to shine with their offense until Orton put Jinder away with the RKO to retain. A good match with Jinder not looking out of place.
Overall, a very entertaining card. The UK six man was the most entertaining match for me, but for overall quality the main event was the best match of the night.