We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, Impact Wrestling, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact Wrestling TV Taping
Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios
Report by Dot Net reader MrEddyG
Jeremy Borash announced that Josh Mathews would not be here. Bruce Prichard was in the ring and said he’s hired Tyrus for security after EC3’s actions and there will be a review of his actions. Lashley was introduced and he didn’t care who would win the triple threat. EC3, Magnus, and James Storm came out and Bruce announced their three way match would be a no DQ, but if anyone of them touch before that, the match is off.
1. KM and Kongo Kongo (w/Laurel Van Ness, Sienna) beat Mahabali Shera and Braxton Sutrer w/Allie. Shera was distracted by Kongo outside and was rolled by KM for the clean win. Sienna and Laurel got Allie in the ring and are were beating her up when Rosemary came down to spray green mist at Sienna and gave Laurel a Black Wedding. She pointed at Allie and just left. On the One Night Only taping, Allie helped Rosemary, so this may be her way of paying Allie back?
2. “VOW” Mayweather and Wilcox beat FALLAH Bah and Baraka to advance in the GFW Tag Title Tournament. Mayweather pinned Baraka and they’re off to the finals.
Josh Mathews came down to ring and called Borash to join him. He says has made a lot of mistakes since he’s been here. He apologized to Mike Tenay for taking his job, he’s unblocked the legendary Dave Penzer from Twitter, and even made up with Shark Boy. He said as the vice president, he wants to apologize to JB and offered him a handshake. Joseph Park came out and advised Borash not to do it. Josh got upset and said he would not apologize. JB wants to know who Josh’s partner is. Matthews say his partner will be revealed at the right time. Park says they don’t have to wait til Slammiversary. Josh said to bring a referee down and he would fight Joseph now. As the match was about to begin, “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner’s music hit! He chased Park outside, brought him back to the ring and laid him out. Mathews announced Steiner would be his partner at Slammiversary.
3. Eddie Edwards and Alisha Edwards beat Davey Richards and Angelina Love in a mixed tag match. Josh was calling the matches with Pope after JB was chased to the back. Alisha rolled up Angelina to win but she was attacked after the match as Angelina put her through a table while Davey held Edwards back and told him this is all his fault.
4. EC3 defeated Magnus and James Storm in a three-way to become No. 1 contender to the Impact Wrestling Championship. Magnus and Carter worked together against Storm for a lot of the match before Carter hit Magnus by accident with a Singapore cane and Magnus returned the favor. Everything was used: canes, chairs, trash can lids. The end came when Storm hit The Last Call on Magnus. As Storm was about to turn around to make the cover, EC3 got a jumping knee to the back of Storm to knock him outside and stole the win. So it’ll be EC3 and Lashley at Slammiversary for the Impact Heavyweight Title. Good effort from everyone.
Xplosion match: Marshae Rockett beat Mahabali Shera. Apparently, this is was also a no DQ match, which is rare for an Xpolsion match. Rockett hit Shera multiple times with a chair. KM came out to give Shera his front first pump handle slam allowing Marshae to get the upset win.
5. Moose defeated Eli Drake (w/Chris Adonis) to retain the Grand Championship. Bruce Prichard (Tyrus was still with him), Scott D’Amore, and Dutch Mantel were the judges and they were all at a table near the ramp for a different setup. Midway through the 1st round, Drake clipped Moose’s knee and works on it until the end of the round. Eli was awarded round 1. Drake continued to work on the knee for most of round 2. Moose came back and was awarded round 2. I don’t agree with that. Moose hit a Sky High from the second turnbuckle early in round 3 for a very close near fall. Lots of back and forth action with Adonis grabbing Moose’s leg outside when referee Stifler had his back turned. It went to the judges and they declared Moose the winner of round 3 and he retained. Eli and Chris throw a fit at the judges. The crowd chanted “Happy Birthday” to Moose after the match.
6. Allie (w/Braxton Sutter) beat Amber Devine. Allie won a short match. There’s been a lot of short women’s matches at these tapings. I hope this isn’t a trend.
The Orange Blossom Quartet was introduced. I don’t know who they are or why they’re here. EC3’s music played and he declared tonight a night of celebration. The Quartet plays a not good version of his theme.EC3 said he’s on the precipice of reclaiming his world title because: he cued the Quartet and they played a lame “Because he’s the #1 contender” in “The he’s a jolly good fellow” tune. Yikes. The band played another horrible song before Alberto El Patron’s music played. Karen and Bruce came out and made Alberto vs EC3 for the GFW Title in cage match of and the winner will face Lashley at Slammiversary for the Impact Heavyweight Championship.
7. Santana and Ortiz (w/Diamente, Konnan, Homicide) beat “VOW” Mayweather and Wilcox in GFW Tag Title Tournament finals. While Mayweather was outside, Konnan hit him with a pipe to the back of his leg. As Dave Hebner was trying to keep the rest of LAX away from Mayweather, Ortiz grabbed one of the GFW belts and hit Wilcox in the back. Santana and Ortiz performed their top rope blockbuster into a power bomb finisher to become the new GFW tag team champions.
8. Low Ki defeated Sonjay Dutt and Andrew Everett in a three-way to retain the X Division Title. Late in the match, Everett goes for a Shooting Star Press on Low Ki, he got his knees up, dropkicked him in the corner, and got the Warrior’s Way to retain. Another solid, long X division match.
Before the main event Swoggle was shown and Spud attacked him from the crowd and beat with a hammer he grabbed from underneath the ring. I don’t get this at all.
9. Alberto El Patron defeated EC3 in a six sides of steel cage match to retain the GFW Title. The win could come by pinfall, submission, or escaping the cage. El Patron went for the cross-arm breaker twice, but EC3 escaped. Ethan countered a cutter, a TKO, a sit-out powerbommb, and it still not enough. Both men fought at the top of the cage and EC3 was caught upside down in a tree of woe; El Patron did a double stomp from the top of the cage, dragged Ethan to the middle of the ring, and hit a top rope splash for the win. A bit of a surprise finish to me. So it’s El Patron vs Lashley in the main event of Slammiversary. Excellent match! Alberto celebrated in the crowd afterward.