We are looking for correspondents for all WrestleMania weekend events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to email@example.com
Orlando, Florida at the Hyatt Regency
Report by Dot Net staffer Zack Zimmerman
1. Michael Elgin, ACH, and Mascarita Dorada beat David Starr, Trevor Lee, and Caleb Conley. Dorado, who worked in WWE as El Torito, pinned Konley with a double-jump moonsault.
2. Low Ki defeated Shane Strickland. Low Ki was a surprise opponent. He won with the Ghetto Stomp onto the ring apron while Strickland was hung upside down from the ropes. Decent match.
3. Lashley defeated Jeff Cobb to retain the Impact Wrestling Championship. Cobb was blown up around the four minute mark. He couldn’t run the ropes at the eight minute mark. Lashley won with a spear.
4. Jack Evans and Angelico beat Flip Gordon and Sammy Guevara. Jack did too much schtick. There were a couple of fun moments but very much just a match. Angelico pinned Sammy with a crucifix bucklebomb.
5. Ricochet, Sami Callihan, AR Fox, Desmond Xavier, and Jason Cade beat Will Ospreay, Drew Galloway, Marty Scurll, Lio Rush, and Ryan Smile. A wild match. There was a dance party, a zillion high spots, and a surprising finish. Jason Cade pinned Ospreay with a Dragonrana. Ricochet gave a post match shout-out to the memory of Kris Travis. Nice touch.
6. Swoggle won a 24-person battle royal for the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship. The notable entrants included Kikutaro, Colt Cabana, 2 Cold Scorpio, Suicide, Billy Gunn, Shane Douglas, Kevin Thorn, Shannon Moore, Hurricane, Gangrel, and Marty Jannetty. The fans chanted “Marty’s wasted” at Jannetty. The final four were Joey Ryan, Swoggle, Moose, and Gangrel. Joey eliminated Moose with his dick, Swoggle snuck up and eliminated him to win the battle royal. Afterward, Joey rolled up Swoggle and pinned him to win the belt back. Sandman did his full entrance. He caned Joey and pinned him to win the title.
7. Cage (w/Melissa Santos) beat Johnny Mundo (w/Taya). Cage superbombed Taya through a table and Mundo speared Santos through another. Cage finally pinned Mundo with a Steiner Screwdriver.
8. Matt and Jeff Hardy defeated Penta El Cero Miedo and Rey Fenix. The Hardys got the win with a Twist of Fate and a Swanton on both luchadors. Afterward, Broken Matt said the fans here are the ones keeping wrestling alive, not McMaahhoon’s fans, and in return we get real wrestling. Matt put over the Luchadors, the Bucks, and the Briscoes as the best teams in the world. No matter the future of the Hardys, tag wrestling lives.