We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
NXT Live Event
Perth, Australia at HBF Stadium,
Report by Dot Net reader Skedge
The building capacity is 4,500, and it was probably about 2/3 full. Bailey vs Sasha Banks won the fan vote to watch before the show.
1. Buddy Murphy beat Wesley Blake. Lots of love for Buddy the Aussie.
2. Andrade Almas beat Oney Lorcan. A good back and forth match. I was very impressed with Almas.
3. Ember Moon beat Billie Kay. The crowd was somewhat split as Billie is an Aussie. Ember’s finisher really is a sight to behold.
4. Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano beat Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss to retain the NXT Tag Titles. DIY were very over and there was good heat for the heels.
5. Bobby Roode beat Tye Dillinger. Lots of comedy early on. For instance, Dillinger stomped Roode’s hands and the crowd chanted 10 as he shook them out. Roode is mega over and is rightfully presented as a big star. That entrance is simply glorious.
6. NXT Women’s Champion Asuka beat Peyton Royce. No home love for Peyton. Just lots of “Asuka’s gonna kill you” chants. I was impressed with Peyton though, and she dominated most of the match.
7. Shinsuke Nakamura and TM61 beat Samoa Joe and The Revival. My favourite match. Everyone was super over. There were huge “Welcome home” chants for the Aussies. They really need to book Joe against Brock Lesnar asap. Joe is so good. Special mention also to The Revival, who I didn’t fully appreciate until I watched them in person and saw all the little heelish things they do. They are genuine throwback ’80s heels.
The last WWE show I attended was probably Rebellion around 2001 back in the UK. I’m really glad I came to this one. A great night out, which cost us $80 for two tickets (bring a buddy offer) with great seats. We sat right where the hard camera would normally be. The crowd was white hot all night as this was the first ever NXT show in Australia.