We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Evolve, and GFW live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to email@example.com
WWE Live Event
Syracuse, New York
Report by Dot Net reader Jon C
Eden handled introductions.
1. New Day defeated The Dudley Boyz to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. New Day came out and sang “We Are the Champions” to heavy boos. The Dudleyz faced them to average pop. The Dudleys said they hate Syracuse more than New Day and told fans what to cheer and what not to cheer throughout the match while threatening to leave. New Day got good cheers and won with a top rope Big Ending finisher from Kofi and Big E.
2. Fandango beat Stardust. Some cheers. There were Cody chants to start and bothered him throughout. Stardust took a kid’s hat and put it on and then threw it across the arena, but security fetched it back. Decent back and forth with Fandango going over with a forward suplex slam.
3. AJ Styles beat Tyler Breeze. Biggest pop so far. Styles won a fairly quick match with the springboard flying forearm.
4. Kane and The Usos beat Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Braun Strowman. Big pop for both teams and Uso chants. Strowman and Bray went to work on an Uso. Kane chants. Rowan missed on a spinning heel kick. Big cheers for Kane on hot tag. After they cleared the ring, Kane choke slammed Rowan for the win.
5. Charlotte defeated Natalya to retain the Divas Championship. There were Charlotte sucks chants. She ripped a Natalya poster from a fan. Not much crowd reaction but decent cheers for Natalya. Charlotte won by roll up. There were Nattie chants to send her off.
6. Kalisto beat Luke Harper to retain the U.S. Title. There were Lucha chants. Harper dominated until end when Kalisto performed Solita del Sol, a superkick, and a 450 splash to win. There were “We Want Roman” chants after the match. Eden and other dude thanked the crowd.
7. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose beat Sheamus and Rusev. There were big Roman chants, as well as lesser Ambrose ones. Ambrose was worked over by the League of Nations members. Roman took a hot tag. There was a fast finish with an Ambrose suicide dive taking out Sheamus, and Rusev getting speared by Reigns. Roman was definitely the most over of the night.
Overall, a good show with the crowd at about 70 percent capacity.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features Ricky Starks on his NWA run, doing enhancement work for WWE, leaving NOLA due to Hurricane Katrina, the January 24 NWA Hard Times PPV on FITE.TV, his relationship with Nick Aldis, and much more...