WWE issued the following press release to Prowrestling.net to announce the launch of WWE Network in Thailand and The Philippines.
Beginning today, fans in Thailand and Philippines can order WWE Network online by going to WWENetwork.com and receive their first month of service free. WWE Network in Thailand and Philippines will cost $9.99 USD per month, with no commitment and the ability to cancel any time.
Subscribers will have access to the U.S. English language version of WWE Network and get all 12 WWE pay-per-view events at no additional cost including WWE’s biggest event of the year, WrestleMania, as well as 24/7 scheduled programming and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library with more than 4,700 hours of content, including Raw® and SmackDown® re-airs, and every WWE, WCW™ and ECW™ pay-per-view.
WWE Network is available now in Thailand and Philippines on desktop, laptop and mobile devices. It will become available through Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Roku and Smart TVs in time for WrestleMania 32.
“WWE is committed to the global growth of our brand,” said George Barrios, WWE Chief Strategy & Financial Officer. “We are thrilled to offer WWE Network to our fans in Thailand and Philippines in time for our biggest event of the year, WrestleMania.”
In addition to the 12 live WWE pay-per-view events, WWE Network original programming in 2016 includes:
· The Edge & Christian Show That Totally Reeks of Awesomeness – A half-hour variety show starring the talented duo, Edge and Christian that will take a look back at all the highs and lows of sports entertainment, while offering a unique and humor filled perspective to the WWE Universe.
· Camp WWE – Imagine WWE Superstars, Legends and Divas when they were kids at their favorite summer camp… owned by none other than Mr. McMahon! This all-new, in-your-face, adult animated comedy series will show fans a side of the WWE they have never seen before. In partnership with Seth Green’s Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, Camp WWE will be available exclusively in the WWE Network video-on-demand library.
· Global Cruiserweight Series – For the first time ever, WWE invites cruiserweights from all over the world to compete in the inaugural Global Cruiserweight Series. Thirty-two of the greatest in-ring competitors under 205 lbs. will descend upon Full Sail University in Orlando and collide over 10 weeks to earn the right to call themselves the best cruiserweight in the world.
· WWE Ride Along – On WWE Ride Along, the WWE Universe rides shotgun with the Superstars and Divas themselves as they travel from city to city on the tour that never ends. Hear inside stories and witness over-the-top hilarity that can only take place within the confines of a car.
· Stone Cold® Podcast Live! – WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin® sits down with the biggest names in WWE and the world of sports and entertainment for a no-holds-barred, in-your-face, exclusive interview.
· Swerved – WWE reunites with the director of Jackass and Bad Grandpa, Jeff Tremaine, for a second season of the hilarious WWE original series – Swerved!
· NXT TAKEOVER LIVE! – The future is here. WWE’s hottest up-and-coming Superstars compete to prove they’ve got what it takes. More than just evolution, it’s a revolution. Witness these WWE Superstars of tomorrow as they take over WWE Network with live two-hour specials.
· WWE® 24 – The acclaimed 30-minute docu-series that takes viewers on a lightning-fast journey through a day in the life of WWE’s most intriguing Superstars and ground-breaking events.
· Total Divas (Seasons 1-3) – Total Divas gives viewers an exclusive, outside-the-ring look at WWE’s top Divas with an inside glimpse into their personal lives as they balance their own drama and the non-stop action of their professional careers.
· Legends with JBL – In this revealing talk show, host John Bradshaw Layfield, former WWE Champion and current Monday Night Raw analyst, presses the biggest and most influential names in WWE on the most controversial topics in sports entertainment history.
In addition to the more than 4,700 hours of content available on demand, WWE Network now offers specially curated themed “Collections.” Each month new collections will be added. New collections in March include:
· The Legacy Of Shane McMahon – Shane O Mac Is Back! With a surprise return that threatens to shift the balance of power in WWE, Shane McMahon is home and looking to cement his legacy. This collection is your chance to relive the “Money” moments that made the 4th Generation McMahon one of WWE’s most beloved Superstars of all time. Here Comes The Money!
· The Four Horsewomen Of NXT – WWE Network celebrates Women’s History Month with this exclusive look at the Four Horsewomen of NXT. Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and Bayley changed the game and inspired a Diva Revolution. Look back at their early battles, marvel at their championship triumphs, and watch them earn the respect they deserve.
· The Canadian Collection – Over the years, Canada has hosted some of WWE’s most unforgettable events showcasing a who’s who of the biggest names in history; Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart, The Rock, Andre The Giant, Sting, Booker T, The Ultimate Warrior, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and more. This collection of full length shows from The Great White North includes amongst others, The Big Event from 1986, Monday Night Raw, WCW Mayhem, In Your House, and WrestleMania 6 and 18 featuring two of the most iconic matches of all time.
· WrestleMania Show Stealers – It’s not only the main event of WrestleMania that leaves the WWE Universe breathless. Sometimes an unheralded match-up raises the bar and begs the question, “How Can You Follow That?”. Watch Randy Savage battle Ricky Steamboat, Shawn Michaels tear the roof down with The Undertaker, or the very first Money In The Bank Ladder Match, and learn what it’s like to steal the show.
Collections already available include:
· Daniel Bryan’s Greatest Moments – On an electric night in front of a hometown crowd, Daniel Bryan announced his retirement with an emotional and moving speech to the WWE Universe. Relive the charismatic Superstar’s Greatest Moments with this definitive collection featuring early career highlights, the hilarious antics of Team Hell No, improbable WrestleMania® triumphs, and so much more.
· The Best of Stone Cold vs. Mr. McMahon – “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and Mr. McMahon – say no more. The working class hero and the evil corporate boss go head-to-head, and the outcome is historic moments, intense matches, and hilarious antics from one of WWE’s greatest rivalries.
· Brock Lesnar: Road to the Undisputed Title – From his impactful debut and hunt for the Undisputed WWE Championship, Brock Lesnar quickly became one of the most dominant Superstars in WWE history. Relive the early exploits of ‘The Next Big Thing’ as he faces off against The Rock, Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, The Hardy Boyz, and more.
· TLC Tag Teams – Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boyz and The Dudleyz – three young tag teams looking to make a name for themselves and willing to put their bodies on the line, in what remains to this day one of WWE’s most high-flying and dangerous series of matches – Tables, Ladders & Chairs.
· The Best of WWE Network – Welcome to the award winning WWE Network. Start your journey with these essentials; from ground breaking original programming, to revolutionary in-ring specials. Enjoy a taste of the ever-growing video-on-demand library currently featuring more than 4,300 hours of entertainment. This collection includes WrestleMania 31, Stone Cold Podcast Live! featuring Triple H, The Monday Night War, Breaking Ground and NXT Takeover.
· The Greatest Matches Ever – The very best matches from the biggest superstars of all time featuring Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair, to John Cena vs Daniel Bryan, you’ll be on the edge of your seat as the most dramatic bouts and jaw dropping matches of all time are on display.
For a complete listing of WWE Network availability by country and device, please click here.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features ROH COO Joe Koff confirming plans for a weekly ROH online series, discussing his decision to call off ROH events due to the coronavirus outbreak, making Marty Scurll the head booker, ROH's partnerships with NJPW and the NWA, and much more...