ROH Honor Rising Night 2
Tokyo, Japan at Korakuen Hall
Report by Dot Net reader Bryan Houghtling Jr.
The show began at 4:32 AM ET on NJPWWorld.com.
1. Jay White defeated David Finlay super entertaining opener. stream issues missed finish sequence.
2. Jushin “Thunder” Liger and Matt Sydal defeated Gedo and Delirious. Sydal got the pin after Shooting Star Press on Gedo. Good match.
3. Dalton Castle defeated Frankie Kazarian by pinfall with a face down spinning powerbomb. A fun match with back and forth action and lots of near falls. Even though he lost both times, Kaz looked great this weekend.
4. Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly beat Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson by pinfall with Shibata pinning Gallows after the PK. Wow, awesome match. Fans were loud near the finish like a US or UK crowd it was great. Anderson and Gallows bowed to fans and got emotional in center ring as fans thanked them for everything. Awesome moment, one of those you only get from pro wrestling.
Intermission 5:34 AM ET. The show resumed 5:44 AM ET
5. KUSHIDA and Moose defeated Tetsuya Naito and BUSHI by pinfall after Moose hit BUSHI with a Spear. An OK match that was just kinda there. Fans in Japan seem pretty into Moose though. BUSHI didn’t work Day 1, but I thought KUSHIDA, Moose, and Naito had better performances yesterday.
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, and Roderick Strong defeated YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii, and Kazuchika Okada by pinfall with Elgin pinning HASHI after the Bucklebomb to sit-out powerbomb. Bodies where everywhere this was a hell of a six-man tag. Ishii and Strong picked up where they left off yesterday and signs point to a rematch possibly at the ROH 14th Anniversary when NJPW officials and young boys could barely separate them after the match.
7. Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks defeated Toru Yano and The Briscoes to win the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship. The Bullet Club members won by pinfall when Omega pinned Yano. More gold for The Bullet Club. Two amazing six-man tags in a row. My pick for match of the night so far.
8. Jay Lethal defeated Tomoaki Honma to retain the ROH Title. Lethal won by pinfall with the Lethal Injection. There was a run-in by Los Ingobernables that ended Honma after the ref went down. A fun match that had the crowd split about 60/40 for Honma. Lethal has been great for over a year now as ROH Champ and it’s been fun to watch. The House of Truth joined Los Ingobernables to end the show.
The show ended at 7:10AM ET.
Be the first to comment