ROH Honor Rising Night 1
Tokyo, Japan at Korakuen Hall
Report by Dot Net reader Bryan Houghtling Jr.
The show aired on the New Japan World streaming service and started at 4:30 a.m. ET.
1. Jushin “Thunder” Liger and Matt Sydal defeated Dalton Castle and Ryusuke Taguchi by pinfall with Liger pinning Castle (Fun Opener)
2. Delirious defeated Gedo by pinfall.
3. KUSHIDA defeated Frankie Kazarian by submission. I would have liked a few more minutes in this one. It was still a good match.
4. Tomoaki Honma, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Moose and Michael Elgin defeated Cody Hall, Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga and Bad Luck Fale by pinfall. Moose pinned Cody Hall. Elgin was a monster in this one. Not much from Tanahashi or Honma. Moose and Elgin carried the load.
Intermission (5:40AM est.)
5. The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega defeated Katsuyori Shibata, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly by pinfall. Omega pinned O’Reilly to win a fast paced and super fun match. Best of the morning so far.
6. Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated The Briscoes by pinfall. Streaming issues didn’t let me see who made pinfall on Mark Briscoe. A fun hard hitting match between two of my personal favorite tag teams today.
7. Tetsuya Naito and Jay Lethal (w/Truth Martini) defeated YOSHI-HASHI and Kazuchika Okada by pinfall. Lethal pinned Yoshi-Hashi. Streaming issues hurt this match for me, but its was fun from what I saw.
8. Tomohiro Ishii defeated Roderick Strong to win the ROH TV Title. Ishii won by pinfall. A brutal match and definitely match of the night with the surprise finish with Ishii winning the ROH TV Championship.
The show ended at 7:10 a.m. ET.
I will be back tomorrow for coverage of Night 2.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features Allysin Kay discussing Friday's NWA Hard Times PPV on FITE.TV, Melina dropping an unexpected f-bomb on NWA Powerrr, the WWE Mae Young Classic experience, her time as Sienna in Impact Wrestling, working in Japan, the Tessa Blanchard controversy, and more...