By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
NXT TV Taping
Atlanta, Georgia at Center Stage
Report by Dot Net reader Brian Oglesby
The crowd got hyped up just before the scheduled start time and the broadcast team was introduced. Some of the early matches may have been dark matches. It was difficult to determine when the tapings began and which matches will air on which shoes.
1. Kassius Ohno defeated John Skyler. Ohno won in about a minute in a complete squash match.
2. Nikki Cross defeated Vanessa Borne.
3. Adam Cole defeated Cesar Bononi.
4. Velveteen Dream defeated Tyler Bate.
5. Shayna Baszler defeated Kairi Sane by submission. After the match Baszler went over to the commentary table and had words for the commentators.
Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelena Vega came to the ring for a promo. Zelena ran down Gargano and talked about how they don’t care about the fans respect like Gargano does. Almas called Gargano “Johnny Jobless” and said the fans call him NXT Champion.
As Almas and Vega were leaving the ring, Aleister Black came to the ring from a different entrance than the stage. Once in the ring, Black had a staredown with Almas while Almas was still on the entrance stage. As Black was about to speak, Sanity’s music hit and Killian Dain came to the ring and put down Black and stood over him.
6. Ricochet defeated Fabian Aichner. There were chants of “Ricochet” and “Holy Shit” and “This is Awesome”. The fans absolutely lost their minds for Ricochet.
7. Authors of Pain defeated TM61 in the first round of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
8. Bianca Belair defeated a local wrestler. The local wrestler was announced to the crowd but I didn’t catch her name.
Tommaso Champa came out onto the stage dragging his crutch. He still has a brace on his right knee. He slowly made his way to the ring and was greeted with mostly boos. He tried to speak several times but was cut off by loud boos. There were multiple chants of ” We want Johnny.” He threw the mic out of ring and acted as if he was going to leave and the crowd cheered and then sang the “Goodbye” song at him and also chanted ” Delete” at him.
Ciampa grabbed a fan’s sign from ringside and ripped it up before getting back into the ring. He destroyed the sign win his crutch. He went back up on the stage as the crowd chanted “Johnny Wrestling”. Ciampa posed on stage and left without ever saying a word. Tremendous heat for this segment. I haven’t seen anything like this since Roman Reigns the night after WrestleMania 33.
9. The Street Profits defeated Heavy Machinery in the first round of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
The stage hands passed out copies of Johnny Gargano’s wink symbol to the entire crowd.
Tommaso Champa came out to tried and cut a promo again. Once again, whenever he raised the mic to his mouth he was met with huge boos and chants of “Johnny Wrestling” and ” Go Away” and “Delete”. There were also chants of “You Suck.” Ciampa creamed “He’s Gone!” at the crowd. He dropped the mic and the crowd chanted “Yes!” Ciampa slowly walked around the ring glaring at the crowd. A huge ” Ciampa Sucks!” chant started and then another ” We Want Johnny!” and another singing the goodbye song as Champa went up the stage and left without ever saying a word again.
10. Dakota Kai defeated Lacey Evans.
After the match, Shayna Baszler came out and it appeared that she was going to attack Dakota Kai. Ember Moon came out and confronted Baszler. Moon got the mic and said that whether she had one arm or two, and while Shayna may have started this, she is going to end it at NXT Takeover: New Orleans. A brawl then broke out between Baszler and Moon. Moon ended up hitting the Eclipse on Baszler to end the segment.
11. “Sanity” Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe defeated Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss in the first round of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
12. Pete Dunne defeated Adam Cole by DQ to retain the WWE UK Championship. Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly interfered for the DQ. After the match The Undisputed Era members attacked Dunne until Roderick Strong made the save.
William Regal came out for the contract signing for Andrade “Cien” Almas and Aleister Black match at NXT Takeover” New Orleans. Black came out, but only Zelena Vega came out when Almas’s music hit. Vega said Almas was not there tonight. Black got a mic and sat down and traded insults with Vega. She slapped him while he was sitting down. Black went to leave after the signing and said he was glad that Vega came out alone tonight because he did not. Candice LeRae and came out and beat down Vega. She went to the entrance stage with Black to end the segment.
NEW: Help support Prowrestling.net when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at Prowrestling.net/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.