By Jason Powell, ProWrestling.net Editor (@prowrestlingnet)
We are looking for reports on all WWE, NXT, ROH, Impact Wrestling, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report or even basic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE Live Event
Waco, Texas at ExtracoEvent Center
Report by Dot Net reader Allen Woods
The arena seats like 4,000 people altogether (the stage area was blocked off). No one was along the stage area . I would call this a sold out show in that there appeared to be 3,500 fans in attendance, maybe a bit more. The show started on time at 5:00 p.m. They had a smaller Titan Tron. The ring announcer welcomed us to the event and asked us to stand and remove out hats for the National Anthem, then a Kurt Angle video begun playing thanking us being there and enjoy the show.
1. Matt Hardy beat Bray Wyatt in 12:00. A very good match. They went back n forth on their spots working the live crowd. Wyatt threw Hardy out of the ring and Hardy just disappeared. He went under the ring and came out from the other side and took the house mic and began that long evil laugh. Wyatt slowly walked towards Hardy and they both begun laughing evil-like towards one another until Hardy hit Wyatt. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate and got the 1-2-3.
2. Sheamus and Cesaro beat Titus O’Neil and Apollo Crews in 16:00. Another good match just went back n forth spots working the live crowd. Sheamus got the win using his Brogue Kick.
3. Asuka beat Dana Brooke in 12:00. Really nothing to say. They got their spots in and Asuka got the win with the Asuka Lock.
4. Braun Strowman beat Curt Hawkins in 4:00. Hawkins came out talking about how he win have his first win in the WWE and his first win in the year 2018 break his losing streak of 0 wins 155 losses. Strowman music hit. The match was over in like two minutes with Strowman winning with a running powerslam. The crowd called for one more time. Strowman powerslammed him again. We asked for one more time and he obliged.
The lights went out. Elias was in the ring and started playing his guitar and insulting the state of Texas and singing a song. This went on for like ten minutes. Finn Balor’s music played.
5. Finn Balor beat Elias in 15:00. Another good match with back and forth spots working the live crowd. Balor got the win with his Coupe de Grace finisher.
Intermission – 15 to 20 minutes.
The ring announcer played a trivia game with a young boy who appeared to be 11 or 12 years old. He won like eight prizes.
6. Sasha Banks and Mickie James beat Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss in 16:00 with Alicia Fox as guest referee. Another good match that went back and forth with spots working the live crowd. Banks got the win over Bliss with the Bank Statement.
7. Enzo Amore beat Cedric Alexander in 15:00 to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Enzo came out doing his verbal gimmick and insulted the state of Texas and the city of Waco by calling us “ Wacko” to get some heat on himself. Another good match with back and forth spots working the live crowd. Enzo won the match by cheating. I do not know what he did to win, I was at the merch stand, but my cousin told me he cheated.
8. Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins beat The Miz, Bo Dallas, and Curtis Axel in a handicap match. Another good match. I would have to say this match was awesome! They really worked the live crowd hard and everyone was marking out. The match went like 35 minutes. Seth and Roman won the match and stuck around the ring when the match was over. They signed items and took pics with the kids around the ring.
Overall it was a great live crowd. The wrestlers seemed to break character after their matches and shook hands and took selfies with the kids on their smartphones.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features ProWrestling.net's Will Pruett discussing AEW Full Gear including the polarizing Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega match, what's drawing Will to AEW Dynamite over NXT TV, the appeal of NWA Powerrr, and much more...