We are looking for correspondents for all WrestleMania weekend events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to email@example.com
WrestleCon Pancakes and Piledrivers
Orlando, Florida at the Hyatt Regency
Report by Dot Net staffer Zack Zimmerman
1. Jeff Cobb defeated David Starr. A fun opener that went just the right amount of time. Cobb hit Tour of the Islands for the win.
2. Palmer beat Dezmond Xavier, ACH, Michael Elgin, and Moose in a five-way. Palmer won with a second rope tombstone. He literally did two things the whole match, so if the point was to get him over, mission failed.
3. Eddie Kingston over Kruger. Kruger is better known as Leo Kruger and Adam Rose. Kingston said the crowd is shitty. Kruger took a bunch of unprotected headshots, and was gashed deep hardway. Kingston used his blood like war paint. I was out. Kingston won apparently after massacring Kruger.
4. Jack Evans and Angelico defeated Dave and Jake Crist. The Crist Brothers took bumps into the crowd, ala Sami Callihan, completely ignorant that the barricade is where the line is drawn. What a liability. No warning, nothing? Bumping into the crowd? I hope nobody sues.
5. Ricochet defeated Shane Strickland. As expected, the match was quite good. Ricochet broke out a new lifting spike complete shot as a finish to pick up the win. I enjoyed that a lot.
6. Jake Manning beat Su Yung. It was a match. They brawled. The crowd didn’t really care. Manscout won with a piledriver onto a stack of pancakes. Get it? Su spit blood in his face afterwards to get the preverbal last word, I suppose
7. Rey Fenix and Penta OM defeated Brian Cage and Sami Callihan. They opened hot out of the gate and kept the pace from beginning to end. Very fun match. Lucha Bros won with a package piledriver rolled into a destroyer.
9. Jason Cade won in AR Fox Open Invitation to become champion. A wild mess. In spite of a couple bright spots,
I really did not enjoy this show at all. I’m kind of blown away by how far superior the WWN experience is to the WrestleCon shows in every facet except that WrestleCon allows outside food and drink.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell and guest Colt Cabana on his role in ROH, the state of the independent wrestling scene, the future of his podcast, the ROH Global Wars tour, the new ROH television format, Starrcast III, and much more...