We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Evolve, and other notable live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
ICW Fear & Loathing IX Report
Glasgow, Scotland at The SSE Hydro
Report by Dot Net Member John O’Connor
The attendance was announced at over 6,000.
Attention was drawn to the big screen where ICW Commissioner Mick Foley appeared via satellite to announce his replacement for the evening – Finn Balor, who entered the arena to massive cheers for his ICW return. Balor said that he would be watching in the back and promised to be a ‘hands on’ enforcer to anyone who tried to test him.
1. Joe Hendry beat Davey Blaze via pinfall. Hendry got five minutes in the ring with Blaze’s manager The Wee Man on a future show.
2. Kay Lee Ray beat Viper and Carmel Jacob to become the new ICW Women’s Champion. Ray pinned former champion Carmel.
3. Stevie Boy beat BT Gunn in a casket match.
4. Polo Promotions (Jackie Polo & Mark Coffey) beat Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) in a No DQ to retain the ICW Tag Team Championship. The finish saw Polo pin Devon after a scoop slam on a chair (this finish seemed to come out of nowhere and kill the atmosphere in the crowd initially). Davey Blaze and The Wee Man interrupted post match. The segment ended with 3D powerbombing Davey through a table.
5. Kenny Williams beat Lionheart, Zack Gibson, Andy Wild, Liam Thomson, Aaron Ecker, and Iestyn Rees in a Stairway To Heaven Match to become ICW Zero G Champion. Williams was a surprise by Mick Foley. The match started out under elimination rules before transitioning into a Ladder Match between the final 2 men which were former champion Lionheart & Kenny Williams.
6. Lewis Girvan beat Ricochet via crossface submission. Ricochet put over Girvan after the match.
7. Wolfgang beat Trent Seven in a Steel Cage Match to retain the ICW World Heavyweight Championship. Wolfgang fell from the top of the cage through two tables that Seven set up at ringside pre-match.
8. Team Dallas (Chris Renfrew, Grado, Sha Samuels, DCT) beat Team Black Label (Jack Jester, Kid Fite, Drew Galloway, and Bram) for 100% Control of ICW. The match was contested under Elimination Rules. ICW get the win as Renfrew pinned Galloway after assistance from Balor, who saved Mark Dallas from a Futureshock DDT from Drew. Mark Dallas is now 100 percent owner.
9) Joe Coffey beat Kurt Angle via Boston Crab submission. Huge upset!
Overall, this was an enjoyable event with the final two matches being standout but this was definitely not the story of just a two match show. The match quality was fairly consistent throughout. It’s one to watch via on demand for sure.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features Justin Credible returning to discuss playing comedy clubs with Sandman and Shane Douglas on "The Whole F'n Truth Tour", the status of the "Credible" documentary, reviewing AEW Dynamite with Vince Russo, and much more...