We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, and Evolve live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE Live Event
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Report by Dot Net readers Alex and LJ Schmitt
We reported from last years show and some things don’t change. It was one year ago that the WWE live event was up against the LSU Super Regional baseball game and it was raining. JoJo was there and last year sang the National Anthem but this year they just did a recording. The crowd size was very good. The floor and bottom part of the arena was packed. Some seats open but more people than last year (we missed January show). They didn’t sell tickets for the top part.
The prematch fans choice for a match to be shown was Razor Ramon vs HBK match for the two belts won by Razor. They also played the Ali tribute again and it got a big hand from the crowd.
1. Apollo Crews beat Sheamus. Sheamus came in and didn’t get a negative pop and a couple of times the crowd was cheering for him, so he would have to say or do something to bring the heat back on. This was actually a very decent opening match. Some good wrestling took place.
2. The Shining Stars beat Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. We thought Swagger and Dolph did do a very good job working together, better than anticipated. The bigger pop was for Swagger. The Stars had to play up how Baton Rouge is bad. I can comment and say at least their economy is worse and we can cook here. The Shinning Stars reminded me of Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian.
3. Karl Anderson (w/Luke Gallows) beat Jimmy Uso. Anderson won with a distraction from Gallows.
4. Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods (w/Big E) beat The Vaudevillains to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. There was a big pop when New Day came in. For example Big E played up LSU Heisman trophy contender Leonard Fournette, which played big. The Vaudevillians look better in person. Kofi got the pin for the win. Last year at this time, New Days was booed when here and got the pop tonight.
6. Charlotte defeated Natalya to retain the WWE Women’s Championship. The match had its moments. Natalya hurt her knee in a Figure Four. It was the best women’s match I’ve seen. I didn’t feel like they were 100 percent into it. Charlotte used the ropes for leverage when pinning Natalya.
7. Cesaro beat Alberto Del Rio. Cesaro tried to do his Swing, but dropped at five playing up an injury.
8. Roman Reigns beat Seth Rollins and AJ Styles to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. AJ came out first followed by Rollins then Roman. Roman was the guy who got the pop. After a variety of moves, Roman got a pin to retain the title. I have seen AJ before at much smaller house shows and he always gives it his all. He took some bigger bumps tonight as well. JoJo was caught off guard when AJ came flying out the ring and he pretty much had to spin her out the way so he didn’t completely run over her. You can see in her face that wasn’t planned (before AJ got back in the ring, he said something to her and she laughed). Seth Rollins was typical Seth Rollins. At the start, all three were getting ready to go at each other and Rollins quickly cleared the ring. A good portion of the first part of the match, he stayed out the ring or just ran around to stay out of harms way. It was a fairly long match and they really did a great job. After a variety of moves, Roman got a pin to retain the title. He got a HUGE pop. There were some boos for Roman during the match but it was a super majority pop for him. My son and I booed, I was for AJ and he wanted Rollins.