WWE Live Event
New Delhi, India at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium
Report by Dot Net reader Avl Shukla
Before the official show started, there were loud Undertaker, CM Punk, Cena Sucks, and ‘Daniel Bryan chants in the stadium.
1. Kane beat Big Show via pinfall. Kane chokeslammed Show as he was seated on the top rope. Some fans were heard chanting ‘Please Retire’ at Big Show. When Kane got back to the gorilla position, and Show was still in the ring down lying on the mat, the ref covered Show for a two count. Show shoved the ref to the outside, which got a big pop. A fun moment for the crowd.
2. Lovepreet Sangha (Kishan Raftaar) beat Chad Gable via DQ. Jason Jordan, who lost to Kishan last night, interfered for the DQ. Satender (Jeet Rama) came to the aid of Kishan while Gable/Jordan retreated to the outside. A tag team match was set after Kishan got on the mic and provoked and talked them into it.
3. Kishan Raftaar and Jeet Rama beat Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. Team India beat American Alpha via submission when both the Indian Lads had Gable/Jordan in a deep Boston Crab submission move in the ring at the same time.
4. Charlotte beat Summer Rae to retain the Divas Championship. A very good match. Summer Rae brought her ‘A Game’ and played the babyface. A very good performance by her and I hope if she can be a good addition to the Divas Division on the main roster if she is given more ring time. The crowd was 70/30 in the beginning in favor of Charlotte, but it turned into 60/40 in favor of Summer Rae.
5. Ryback beat Bray Wyatt. Ryback won via pinfall after hitting Shellshocked on Wyatt. Huge pop for Ryback. Lots of ‘Feed Me More’ chants. In contrast, there were some pro Wyatt chants. A good match.
6. Darren Young beat Tyler Breeze. DYoung won via pinfall with a rollup within seconds. Tyler complained that he was not ready. The second member of The Prime Time Players came out to face Breeze.
7. Titus O’ Neil beat Tyler Breeze. Titus won via pinfall with the Clash of Titus within a minute. Pepole were hugely disappointed with the usage of Breeze after a stellar bout last night with Dolph Ziggler.
8. The Uso Brothers and Dolph Ziggler beat Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, and Big E. The Uso Brothers and Ziggler via pinfall with a triple superkick on Xavier Woods. This bout was energetic, many aerial moves and the best match of the night. The New Day were entertaining as hell from their entrance itself, Xavier with his trombone and Big E and Kofi with their killer dance moves and shenanigans throughout the match. The crowd reciprocated the energy of the match and were hugely invested in it. Lots of New Day sucks/rocks chants. Ziggler was by far the most ‘over’ guy in the stadium, the pops he got both nights were unbelievable.
9. Roman Reigns beat Rusev to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Reigns won via pinfall after hitting a Superman Punch followed by a Spear. Reigns received a huge pop during his entrance. At one point, Rusev was favoring his taped knee and the ref checked on him, but being the heel, he was ‘faking it’ and hit Roman out of nowhere. There was a ref bump spot too. Like any other match, Roman won like a superhero. There were many pro-Rusev chants and “We Want Lana” chants too. After the match, Reigns thanked the crowd and said that he insisted on making tonight’s bout for The World Title. Reigns also said he appreciated the people of India and thanked them the hospitality and love for the WWE as the event went to a close.
It was an electric atmosphere throughout the show. Lots of crowd interaction. And even the heel got the well deserved support from many people in the crowd for their performance and effort.
Roman Reigns: Not much boos.
Dolph Ziggler: He was mega over.
We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Evolve, and GFW live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to email@example.com
Jason Powell and Jake Barnett co-host the Dot Net Weekly and Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast combo show and discuss Raw Underground and other WWE concepts, The Rock's group buying the XFL, the Marty Jannetty story, AEW Dynamite and NXT TV, and more...