WWE Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Kavontae Smalls
The arena was half full and crowd was into the action throughout the night.
1. Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, and Braun Strowman beat The Dudleys and Tommy Dreamer. The Dudleys worked most of the match. The finish came as Harper hit his spinning clothesline on Dreamer for the win.
2. Jack Swagger beat Bo Dallas. Bo cut a quick promo on the crowd generating heat. He claimed The University of Alabama winning the National Championship on Monday is only a dream, which was met with boos. Both guys played up to the crowd throughout which kept them really engaged. The finish came as Swagger ended his comeback with the ankle-lock for the win.
3. Goldust and Fandango beat The Assension. The Assension dominated until Fandango made the hot tag to Goldust who hit the ‘Shattered Dreams’ finisher for the win.
The Connor’s Cure video aired.
4. Charlotte beat Becky Lynch to retain the Divas Championship. Very good match, and technically sound with a series of holds, pinning maneuvers and suplexes throughout. Similar stuff to what we’ve seen recently on TV. Charlotte firmly in her heel role even threatening to leave mid-match after Becky was making a comeback halfway during the match. Lynch has really grown into her babyface role exuding plenty of energy – in a Bayley kind of way. The finish came as Charlotte held the tights in a roll-up for the win.
5. Kane beat Bray Wyatt. Standard brawling style match between these two – clunky at times. The finish came as the other Wyatts came down, but Dudleys and Dreamer ran down to help. Harper took a 3D, and Kane reversed the Sister Abigail into a Chokeslam for the win.
6. Neville over Adam Rose. Rose received very little reaction from the live crowd. Rather non-eventful match outside of the Red Arrow which granted Neville the win.
7. Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston (w/Big E) beat The Usos to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. The crowd was really into The New Day, probably pop of the night (so far). And for those wondering, Big E really cuts hits “Don’t you dare be sour” promo live prior to coming out. Usos soon garnered equal fan support. New Day did their usual antics (including the trombone) but no prematch promo. Fun match as the teams played to the crowd often throughout. The finish came as Big E distracted one of the Usos while Xavier hit the roll-up holding the tights for the win. Post-match, Uso ruined The New Day victory celebration that ended with a big splash on Big E.
8. Roman Reigns defeated Sheamus to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. Sheamus cut a quick prematch promo demanding respect. Reigns received a good pop once Eden announced he’s from Pensacola, just up the road. Standard match between these two as we’ve seen on TV throughout the fall. The finish came as Reigns speared Sheamus. Reigns cut a quick post match promo saying he loves wrestling in the south. His mom was also sitting ringside and he showed her some love.
We are looking for correspondents for all WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Evolve, and GFW live events. If you attend a show, you are encouraged to send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org