WWE Live Event
Allentown, Pennsylvania at the PPL Center
Report by Dot Net reader Stephen Rice
A good crowd and the arena was probably 85 percent full. I dressed as Bray Wyatt. It got good reaction from the wrestling fans, but when I got gas beforehand no one looked at me twice.You can see pic of me as Bray on Facebook.com/stephenrice or @srice8 on Twitter.
1. Dolph Ziggler beat Tyler Breeze (w/Summer Rae) in 11 minutes. Great back and forth match with terrific dueling roll up attempts at the eight minute mark. Ziggler won with a super kick.
2. Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow beat Los Matadores. Axel and Sandow (I nicknamed them Sandaxel) won in eight minutes. Not as good as the opener. The faces did get a good reaction. Axel won with a Perfectplex.
3. Fandango beat Bo Dallas. Not a great match. These guys capable of much better. There were “Bo-lievers” but the majority Fandangoed. Fandango won in six minutes with a face planter suplex rather than his top rope leg drop.
4. Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, and Braun Strowman beat The Dudley Boyz and Tommy Dreamer. Big ECW chants and good action. No tables or what’s up by D-Von. Luke nailed Dreamer with his discuss clothesline to get the win.
5. Titus O’Neil over Stardust. There was a funny part where Stardust asked a fan for his beer and promptly poured it out. The fan was pissed but didn’t charge the ring. Stardust worked the knee and Titus came back with the Clash of Titus to win in 11 minutes.
6. Charlotte beat Paige to retain the Divas Championship. Both women looked great and did dueling kip ups early on. Charlotte won in six minutes with her Figure Eight in a match that should have been given more time.
7. Kane beat Bray Wyatt. Bray had a little more offense overall. When Kane had the upper hand, the family members jumped in then team ECW evened odds. The Dudleys performed “What’s Up” on Luke Harper. A table was set up. It appeared Bray would do Sister Abigail, but Kane countered into a chokeslam through table for victory in 14 minutes.
This would be a perfect venue for NXT. The arena is a bit small for a Raw or Smackdown. Fans were vocal and into it.
The new edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast with Jason Powell features Justin Credible returning to discuss playing comedy clubs with Sandman and Shane Douglas on "The Whole F'n Truth Tour", the status of the "Credible" documentary, reviewing AEW Dynamite with Vince Russo, and much more...