10/30 WWE Fan Appreciation Day show Live Coverage: Vince McMahon appears, Triple H returns to the ring, Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett for the WWE Championship
WWE Fan Appreciation Day Live Event
Reports by Dot Net readers Melvin Cabrera and "Gumbo" (separate reports combined into one)
There is a mini set with the Raw and Smackdown logos. Also, the Bragging Rights trophy is right in the middle of the entranceway. They are also selling "I Was There For Fan Appreciation Day" t-shirts selling for $15, and they are moving quickly.
The show opened with a video on the big screen showing all the good that WWE does and a message to vote from the Obama campaign. Howard Finkel worked up the crowd and then the national anthem was played.
1. Big Show won a 24-man battle royal to earn a shot at the Intercontinental Title later in the show. The participants included members of Nexus, Primo, JTG, Goldust, Yoshi Tatsu, Ted DiBaise, R-Truth, Kaval, MVP, Jack Swagger, Mark Henry, Hart Dynasty, Chris Masters, Tyler Rex, Vladimir Kozlov, Zack Ryder, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes.
The match came down to Swagger, Henry, Show, McIntyre, and Rhodes. Henry and Swagger were eliminated. Rhodes acted afraid and eliminated himself. Show eliminated McIntyre to win the match and earn a shot at Dolph Ziggler's title later in the show.
Finkel gave away merchandise between matches, including a copy of Best of WWE Smackdown that was signed by Kane.
2. Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz (w/Alex Riley) for the United States Championship. The Miz gave a long speech about why fans should appreciate him. Bryan pulled every trick out of bag for this one. High flying acrobatics left and right. Miz took control and went to suplex Bryan off top rope. Bryan gave him three head butts and was back in control. Bryan was distracted by Riley, but Miz ended up hitting Riley when Bryan moved out of way. Bryan pinned Miz, but Riley and Miz beat up Bryan afterward.
Four ringside tickets were given away for Tuesday's WWE Smackdown taping in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
The Raw general manager chimed in via email to announce that there would be a Diva Dance Off. Melina won the dance off via fan vote with the sexy split. Kelly Kelly, Natalya, Gail Kim, Layla, Marise, and Alicia Fox were also involved. A fight broke out afterward between the heels and face Divas. Santino Marella came out and danced for the crowd.
Finkel gave away a poster that was autographed by several wrestlers.
Vince McMahon came to the ring and encouraged the fans to vote and to wear a WWE shirt when they do. The house lights were turned on and he told the crowd to Stand Up on election day before leaving the ring.
A John Cena autographed copy of "Legendary" was handed out as the next prize.
3. Sheamus defeated John Morrison. Morrison brought out a camcorder and recorded the fans. Morrison went for Starship Pain, but Sheamus put his legs up and then pinned him.
The Fink gave away a John Cena signed copy of the WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 video game for Xbox 360.
4. Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett to retain the WWE Championship. Nexus came out to interfere, but Orton ended up hitting the RKO to win.
The anonymous Raw general manager chimed in and said that since Big Show won the battle royal, he will fight Ziggler. He said Kane will have a surprise opponent instead. They gave out a Knucklehead DVD signed by Big Show.
5. Dolph Ziggler beat Big Show (w/Hornswoggle) by countout to retain the Intercontinental Title. Ziggler was on Show's, back. They both flipped over the top rope. Ziggler would not let go. On the referee's nine count, he let go and jumped back inside the ring, so Show was counted out. Hornswoggle attacked Ziggler, who fought him off, but Show hit Ziggler with the Knockout Punch. Hornswoggle followed up with the Tadpole Splash.
Alberto Del Rio was cutting a promo about Rey Mysterio not being there when Triple H's music interrupted. The place went nuts.
6. Triple H defeated Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio didn't want to face Hunter and tried to escape. Hunter was in street clothes and did not have a beard. Hunter hit the Pedigree and got the 1-2-3. He also hit the Pedigree on Del Rio's personal ring announcer.
An autographed Knucklehead poster was given away.
7. Kane retained the the World Hvt. Championship over John Cena by DQ. Late in the match, Cena had Kane up for the STF when Nexus interfered. Orton ran out to rescue Cena. He was followed by the WWE crew, led by Triple H, and they attacked Nexus. Hunter hit the Pedigree on Sheamus. Orton hit the RKO on David Otunga. Big Show chokeslammed a heel, and Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Barrett.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...