5/26 WWE Raw in Lethbridge: WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels appears, The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Kofi Kingston, Chris Jericho vs. Ryback, Kaitlyn vs. Tamina for the WWE Divas Championship
WWE Raw live event
Lethbridge, Alberta at Enmax Centre
Report by Dot Net reader Moustafa Mohsin
When we got to the building, the lot was half full, we were there an hour early. They had indy wrestlers promoting and signing autographs. The "Gothic Knight" was featured. I was wearing my "Worlds biggest member" DX shirt, I was quiet pleased to see everyone in the spirit wearing all sorts of merchandise. Huge line ups at the merchandise sands and lots and lots of Bret Hart gear was selling (his hometown is only 80 miles away from here). The arena was just over half full (Enmax Centre seats 3,500 people).
Justin Roberts voice came on and asked "please rise for your national anthem" and they played "Oh Canada" for the crowd. Roberts came in first to a huge pop.
1. R-Truth defeated Antonio Cesaro. R-Truth got a huge pop and the crowd played into the "what's up?" Bit. They played to the crowd with both of them posing at a time, Truth getting the pop, Caesaro getting booed. The crowd chanted "what's up?" throughout the match. It was a very standard match otherwise. The crowd was hot as well. R-Truth won via his finisher.
Roberts announced Ryback vs. Jericho and everyone cheered. He announced that we would vote for the stipulation "2 out of 3" or "no DQ" which got the most pops.
2. Bray Wyatt beat Zack Ryder. Wyatt came out to boos, while Zack Ryder got a louder pop than R-Truth earlier. The highlights of the match were when Ryder was getting the upper hand. Otherwise, a very ordinary match. The crowd was only alive for Ryder's come backs. Wyatt won via modified pump handle slam. The crowd cheered as Ryder exited.
Roberts gave a quick update on voting "86% no DQ 14% 2 out of 3"
3. Kofi Kingston defeated Dean Ambrose by DQ in a U.S. Title match. Kofi got a huge pop, Ambrose got booed but definitely some cheers there. The crowd was hot for the entire match. Really cool spots from Kofi throughout the match. Kofi won via DQ after interference from Roman Reigns. They continued the beat down until Kane and Bryan came in to a huge pop. They cleared the ring and Vickie Guerrero showed up to huge heat and announced a six-man tag between them, which got a huge pop.
4. Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Kofi Kingston beat The Shield by DQ. Bryan started the match to a loud and very consistent "yes!" Chants. Seth Rollins started from the other team. After a couple of moves, Reigns was tagged in, and the crowd chanted "bring on Kane!" which got the biggest pop so far. Very good tag match, with the ending being Bryan making a hot tag to Kane, who cleared the ring and tried chokeslam Rollins, but Reigns came in with the chair who got DQ. But kofi and Bryan and came in with their chairs. They all hit their finishers. Bryan then hit a chokeslam, Kane appeared upset. Bryan came on the mic and said "I have a better chokeslam" and the crowd erupted in "no! No! No!" Chants, Bryan then said "did you call me Goat Face!" to the crowd. Then both Bryan and Kane shoved each other, and the crowd chanted "hug! Hug!" They eventually did to a loud pop.
Roberts came on and announced that Ryback and Jericho autographed pics were selling at the merchandise stand, as he announced a 15 minute intermission, which drew decent boos from the crowd.
Vickie Guerrero came on after the intermission and got huge heat. She said the crowd are stupid because they can't find their own seats. The guy in front was chanting "Screw my friend! screw my friend!" then his friend said "I'll do it! I'll do it!" Funny. She introduced Tamina. Kaitlyn came out next to a pop.
5. Kaitlyn defeated Tamina Snuka to retain the WWE Divas Championship. Once the match started, the same guy (I'm assuming) was chanting "we want tables" which got the crowd laughing. Very ordinary Divas match. The crowd screamed "where's Fandango?" and started some very faint Fandangoing. There was also a faint "HLA" (hot lesbian action) chant. The crowd were not paying attention to the match that's for sure. Kaitlyn won via spear.
6. The New Age Outlaws (w/Shawn Michaels) defeated Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. Rhodes Scholars received decent heat, while the Outlaws got a huge pop (myself included, I was wearing the DX gear). Road Dogg did his bit and Billy Gunn said he "forgot his line." Dogg said, "I know someone who can remind you," and HBK's music came on to the biggest pop of the night. The crowd was all focused on HBK. Once the match started everyone was chanting HBK. there was someone in the crowd that yelled "silence!" Funny. The crowd then began chanting "thank you, Shawn" and another "one more match" chant began.
Sandow left the ring and Shawn went to hug him, then gave him a chop. The crowd laughed and cheered. Dogg pretended he was upset and a big "hug it out" chant broke out. They did. Then Shawn added in the ref to the hug which got the crowd laughing. Once the match got going again, someone in the crowd screamed "go home Michaels!" And then someone tried to start a "you screwed Brett!" chant, but someone from the crowd yelled "shut up" Sandow began to tune up the band which got a heavy boo. Rhodes did a "suck it" to HBK which drew heat as well. Dogg made the hot tag to Billy, who cleared the ring. Dogg distracted the ref enough for HBK to come in and Sweet Chin Music on Sandow for Billy to pin him for the victory. There was a huge post match pop to HBK who posed for the crowd and slapped Billy's ass.
Roberts came back to announce the main event and Ryback came in to a half cheer half boo from the crowd, but Jericho got a huge pop (almost as loud as Michaels). Roberts announced that it was DQ match again the crowd popped.
7. Ryback defeated Chris Jericho. Jericho got the crowd to cheer for him by motioning towards his ears for chants. Ryback left the ring, grabbed a "Y2J" sign and ripped it, someone yelled "he spent all night on that sign" funny. Jericho left and hugged the same fan which got a huge pop. A "don't use steroids chant broke out" Ryback was getting the best of Jericho and put him through the steel steps. A very loud "Goldberg" chant broke out and stayed for a good 10 seconds. Jericho fought back and got outside and grabbed a kendo stick for a huge pop but Ryback kicked him, grabbed it and used it on him for a near two count.
Ryback began punching Jericho on the ground and then yelled "STUPID!" Jericho then got back and got the upper hand. He hit the Lionsault for a near fall. Then hit Ryback with a kendo stick for anther near count. Ryback left the ring to grab a table which did get a big pop. He set the table at the apron. Ryback tried to slam him on the table but Jericho reversed it. Then Ryback went for Shellshocked, but Jericho reversed into the Walls of Jericho, but he got to the ropes.
Ryback then nailed him with a meat hook clothesline for the win. Ryback then began assaulting Jericho. He set up Jericho for a spear through the table, but Jericho got out of the way and Ryback went through. Then Jericho hit the Codebreaker and the crowd erupted. He posed for the crowd as they were still cheering. He did a Hulk Hogan like cheering where he went through each corner of the crowd to get that section to chant. Jericho then shook hands with ringside fans. Roberts closed the show to Fandango's theme song.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...