TNA Impact Wrestling TV taping spoilers: Full results of March 20 television show (spoilers)
TNA Impact Wrestling TV taping
Report by Dot Net staffer Haydn Gleed
1. Taryn Terrell defeated Gail Kim and Awesome Kong in a three-way to retain the TNA Knockouts Title. Taryn rolled up Gail Kim to retain the championship. I want to see the build to the match and how it played out before judging this one.
Next up was a match taped for Xplosion involving five of the six finalists from British Bootcamp, but I missed the majority of it. Gutted! From what I did see, it was a great showing, with Mark Andrews hitting the shooting star press for the win.
Borash announced that at the end of March we would see a special British Bootcamp show at the end of March called Bootcamp on tour. This will be on Challenge TV here in the UK.
Bram and Magnus appeared from nowhere and fought in the ring. The crowd was confused as this was obviously setup backstage. Magnus beat down Bram with a steel chair. Security split them up. Mickie James came out and low blowed Bram. I dunno about the Super Bowl but there's gonna be a lot of deflated balls in the TNA locker room tonight.
Austin Aries came out to a huge pop. He cut a promo calling the fans the greatest that ever lived. He said he's been out of commission for two weeks because of the BDC. He said they had stolen his briefcase, and he's not leaving until Joe brings out his property. Out came the BDC. Joe and low Ki got in the ring, but I couldn't hear anything said again because the guys behind me were chanting Joe right in my ear. Aries offered a winner take all match, where they face one on one for the X Division belt and the briefcase. Low Ki thought about it, but Joe hit Aries. Low Ki said you are gonna have to go through Joe.
2. Austin Aries beat Low Ki by DQ when Samoa Joe interfered. Again, the match ended when Low Ki interfered after a good match, as you would expect from Aries and Joe. After the match, Aries knocked out Low Ki with a spinning punch and picked up his briefcase. Rockstar Spud came charging out and handed his briefcase to Earl Hebner.
3. Rockstar Spud beat Low Ki to win the X Division Title. Spud hit his finisher on Low Ki and got the three to become the new X Division Champion. TNA managed to take a moment where the crowd was starting to turn against the interference finishes and created a special moment with Rockstar Spud.
4. James Storm beat Matt Hardy. This seemed like a chairs or hardcore match but it wasn't pre announced. Not a good match, and too many unprotected shots the the head. Yes, it was "steel" garbage cans but still unprotected. Abyss threw tacks in the ring. Hardy threw Storm onto them. Hardy beat up most of Revolution at ringside singlehandedly. Great Sanada spat mist into Hardy's face and then Hardy turned into a superkick from Storm for the win.
5. Kurt Angle defeated Lashley to win the TNA Title. Angle got a great pop, Lashley and his one expression not so much. Borash handled ring announcements. The crowd was firmly in the Angle camp. Lashley wore his one expression. Lashley is also huge in person. Angle put the Ankle Lock on twice and hit the Angle Slam twice but couldn't put Lashley away. Lashley hit the spear for the closest of two counts. Lashley applied an ankle lock of his own but Angle got to the ropes. Angle applied the ankle lock for the third time and Lashley passed out. We have a new TNA Champion. Huge props to Lashley, who put on a fantastic match with Angle.
All in all was a fun taping. The crowd was really into it and a huge moment in the title change to finish.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...
From Around the Web