Dot Net reader Rebecca Broussard is at the WWE Smackdown taping in Lafayette, Louisiana and is passing along the following report. Refresh the page for her latest updates.
1. Sheamus defeated Titus O'Neil. The match was taped prior to Main Event Live.
2. Goldust, Cody Rhodes, and Mark Henry defeated 3MB. Nice pop for Goldust's team, especially Henry. This match was held after the Main Event taping, but it was labeled a pre-show match by Rebecca, so it appears it was not taped for Friday night.
WWE Smackdown Taping
John Cena came out to recap WrestleMania and said it's a new era. He said he is "The Measuring Stick," he is the standard barrier, and anyone who wants to be somebody has to go through him. A Wyatt Family promo aired on the big screen. Bray Wyatt said he can't stop smiling and that he will have to go to new extremes to bring the Monster out of Cena.
1. Cesaro defeated Big Show via DQ. No entrance music for Cesaro. Paul Heyman came out and introduced "The King of Swing" and bragged up Cesaro, Lesnar, and himself. Mixed reactions for Cesaro, probably because of Heyman, who sat in on commentary. The crowd was cheering for Big Show and Cesaro came across as a heel most of the time. The match ended in DQ when Swagger came out and put the ankle lock on Cesaro. Cesaro performed the Neutralizer on Big Show after the match was over...
2. Ryback and Curtis Axel defeated Los Matadores.
3. Rob Van Dam defeated Damien Sandow. Big pop for RVD. He cut a short promo before the match.
Hulk Hogan is runnin' wild, brother! Hogan talked about being the host of Mania and how Mania became Yes-tlemania. He called out Daniel Bryan, who said it's the greatest week of his life since he is getting married and won the titles. Bryan said he's always idolized Hogan and then asked for Hogan's music to be played. Hogan and Bryan did Hogan's signature entrance in the ring and then Hogan began a Yes! chant. The crowd went nuts.
4.Bad News Barrett defeated Kofi Kingston. Half of the crowd pulled for Barrett, while the other half pulled for Kofi. Barrett didn't receive anywhere near the reception he had on Raw last night.
5. Fandango (w/Layla) defeated Santino (w/Emma). Fandango's new girl is Layla. Short match.
6. The Usos and Daniel Bryan fought Kane, Batista, and Randy Orton to a double count out. Side note: I think I suffered hearing loss from Batista's pyro. Holy moly. Each member of Kane's team beat up one of the Usos Sign Guy (yep he's here) tried to motivate Uso, but even he can't help. That poor Uso can't catch a break. Finally, Uso tagged in Bryan and the crowd erupted. There was a nice over the ropes spot with Bryan and then the Usos.
There was a count out on both teams. Orton and Batista took out the Usos in the middle of the ring. Kane was about to take out Bryan when The Shield came out. They scared off Batista and Orton, but Kane came from behind with a chair. Before he could hit a member of The Shield, though, Daniel hits him with a high knee. The Shield and Bryan celebrated...
7. John Cena beat Bray Wyatt by DQ. The audience thought the last match was the main event and started to leave. There was no advertisement for the match. Bray bought down Cena early and started the "He's got the whole world in his hands" song. Bray had a little confrontation with Sign Guy, which was funny. There were "Let's Go Wyatt" chants that out powered the "Let's Go Cena" chants. Bray threw Cena into the ring steps so hard it left a dent in the steps.
Later, Cena went for the Five Knuckle Shuffle, but Bray stopped him with the crab walk. Eventually, Cena did the Five Knuckle Shuffle. The crowd was really into this match. Cena performed an AA on Bray, but he kicked out. You couldn't even distinguish chants at this point. Bray went for Sister Abigail's Kiss, but Cena countered with the STF. Rowan and Harper ran in to cause a DQ and beat up Cena. Bray went out the ring and grabbed a chair, but Cena fought them off to end Smackdown...
No 10-man tag match as advertised. Strange. That last match concluded the taping...
This is your last chance to take advantage of our Dot Net Membership special price of just $3 for one month before the deal expires later tonight. Get one month of Dot Net Membership for just $3 and enjoy all of our exclusive news and audio content by using the coupon code MANIA when you sign up via the Dot Net Members' Signup Page.