06/09 Pruett's Weekly Power Rankings: Will Pruett uses his biased eye and tremendous discernment to break down the top ten wrestlers in WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG... hell, the entire industry
By Will Pruett
These rankings are scientifically calculated by the Rank-o-matic 4000 and verified by four out of five top scientists in the wrestling arts. They are to be taken solemnly and with absolute seriousness.
1. Seth Rollins. Rollins, at one point, was pegged to be the odd man out when The Shield eventually broke up. Not anymore. Seth Rollins turned on his teammates and joined Triple H and Randy Orton on Monday night. Rollins made a move he will be forever remembered for. Rollins had his "Barbershop Window" moment. This will make him a bigger star than he ever would have been in the long run.
2. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. While Ambrose may have seemed like The Shield's most natural heel, he is also their most natural talked. With Reigns slated to be the star of the future, isn't it smart to leave the verbally-limited big man with one of WWE's most talented verbal resources on his side? Reigns and Ambrose have a crazy bright future as this Shield breakup story takes shape.
3. Daniel Bryan. Even though he is forfeiting/being stripped of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Bryan makes this list. Why? Because he is taking care of himself and getting healthy before returning to the ring. The timing couldn't be more unfortunate, but Bryan getting healthy could not be more fortunate. I didn't want to see his title reign end like this, but things happen. Get well soon, Bryan.
4. Adrian Neville. Neville holds strong at number four this week after a very good match with Justin Gabriel on NXT. I'd kill for him to say a couple more words per promo, but with his limited verbal ability, every word is a potential tipping point.
5. The Uso's. Jimmy and Jey are getting a very fortunately timed push towards the top of the card. WWE's roster is thin (and thinning quickly somehow) and there is a desperate need for top babyfaces. They've been the friends of John Cena for a month and are actually in a nice tag team feud with Harper and Rowan. Hopefully they can fill a void being left at the top of the card.
6. "Bad News" Barrett. As we talk more about the roster needing new stars, something seems to be happening with Wade Barrett. He has been garnering fan support inspire of being a heel and is entering a feud with Cesaro, a true heel. Could Barrett be used to bolster WWE's babyface side of the roster?
7. Triple H and Randy Orton. Just when it looked like the Evolution concept would fade away, Triple H and Orton have kept it alive by adding Seth Rollins to the mix. Orton desperately needs a friend or two to keep his act fresh and add some personality. Triple H is still a compelling heel, he just needs some credibility. Hopefully everyone gets what they're looking for, much like a visit to the wizard.
8. Batista. No one is better at quitting than Batista. Between Blue-Tista on Monday night and his vastly improved in-ring work since WrestleMania, Batista's departure actually hurts WWE. Hopefully he will be back soon to regale us all with a level of snark only Batista can bring.
9. Eric Young. Who knew, while watching TNA's really stupid move the week following WrestleMania, that Young would have a better title reign than Daniel Bryan? Color me surprised.
10. JTG. The man is still employed and getting that sweet downside money money (yeah yeah).
Just missing the cut: MVP's knee (who knows it's unwise to appear on a TNA pay-per-view), Paul Heyman, Cesaro, Sheamus, Lana, Russia, Brie Bella, and El Torito.
Nowhere near this list: Whoever decided a major wrestling promotion in the year 2014 should base a story around a babyface man wanting to physically assault a woman, and B-Boy.
Will Pruett writes about wrestling in a facetious and often humorous way. Feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or to follow him and interact on twitter @itswilltime.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...